+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Robert Vaughn

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    4 times
    I arrived home last night to find a picture of the woman in my life in the arms of another on our computor. The Other was no less than the last of the Magnificent Seven Robert Vaughn. The backdrop of the photo was not the blistering heat of the Mexican sierra but Klintons Card Shop. He was shopping unoticed with his wife when my good lady and my daughter asked him quietly if he wouldn't mind having a picture taken of Mr Vaughn and herself together. He kindly agreed and she took her place next to him. As my daughter lined up the shot on her phone he politely asked if she would stand on his "other side please" showing that the old Hollywood star was still burning.
    The strangest thing is the trouble I had trying to explain to my 17 year old daughter how famous Robert Vaughn was in the 60's. Yes she had seen him before but I couldn't find a comparison TV show or star of today. Maybe it was just the fact that we only had ITV and BBC back then and not the choice we get today.

Senior Member Country: UK Moor Larkin's Avatar
    Liked
    120 times
    I would have thought either of the Mitchell brothers or any of the Dr Who's would bear comparison.

Vaughn was only such a ubiquitous star because of Uncle. Just count yourself lucky you don't have to explain Patrick McGoohan to your 17 year old.....

Who is Number Eleven?

Senior Member Country: Australia ShirlGirl's Avatar
    Liked
    199 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Toscana View Post
    I arrived home last night to find a picture of the woman in my life in the arms of another on our computor. The Other was no less than the last of the Magnificent Seven Robert Vaughn.
    What a coincidence to find mention of The Magnificent Seven right now - I've just come online after watching it on TV!

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    4 times
    We went through the soap star thing but he was bigger than that. The Man From UNCLE was world wide. They were showing TV episodes shown in the USA as feature films around the world. I think you have to go back to JR, Bobby and co to compare it to soap stardom and he was bigger than them.

Senior Member Country: England paul kersey's Avatar
    Liked
    30 times
    Coronation Street role for Vaughn - Yahoo! TV UK

Read this story yesterday and was stunned. Whilst I realise that it should be seen as a coup for Coronation Street, the fact that an actor who was "The Man from Uncle" and who was one of "The Magnificent Seven" should now be reduced to being Stephanie Coles lover takes a lot of believing. Is he really that hard-up or does he just have to work till he drops as he just loves acting ? Did he watch Stephanie Coles' sex scenes from Doc Martin and fancy getting a little action. I will never be able to look at Robert Vaughns work in the same way again.

Senior Member Country: UK Freddy's Avatar
    Liked
    243 times
    He has been filming the 8th and final series of Hustle so he's in the country. Though as you say Paul I think he just love acting. Is Corrie popular in the States?

Senior Member Country: Aaland dremble wedge's Avatar
    Liked
    85 times
    Quote Originally Posted by paul kersey View Post
    Is he really that hard-up or does he just have to work till he drops as he just loves acting ?
    He spent a fair amount of time over here recently making Hustle so perhaps he's a fan? Over the years he's appeared in some right rubbish, but as he's rarely out of work I suspect he just likes acting...

Senior Member Country: UK CaptainWaggett's Avatar
    Liked
    492 times
    Will he be the first Phd to appear in Corrie?

Senior Member Country: Europe Bernardo's Avatar
    Liked
    13 times
    Quote Originally Posted by paul kersey View Post
    Coronation Street role for Vaughn - Yahoo! TV UK

Read this story yesterday and was stunned. Whilst I realise that it should be seen as a coup for Coronation Street, the fact that an actor who was "The Man from Uncle" and who was one of "The Magnificent Seven" should now be reduced to being Stephanie Coles lover takes a lot of believing. Is he really that hard-up or does he just have to work till he drops as he just loves acting ? Did he watch Stephanie Coles' sex scenes from Doc Martin and fancy getting a little action. I will never be able to look at Robert Vaughns work in the same way again.
    He was quoted in the i 'It has been my lifelong policy to never turn down a role' Which is why, at 78, he is still working.