+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Judi Bowker

Senior Member Country: UK ADMIRAL's Avatar
    Liked
    5 times
    name='starkey']I've been a fan of and had a major crush on Judi since Black Beauty and was great to see her in Dracula and Clash of the Titans. I still my top 3 most beautiful of all time.

A few years ago I started to look her up on the web but she is one of the few topics that has very little information.

Does she have a fan club or is she making appearances still? I've trying to get pics f her online but there's nothing of her past mid 80's.

Anyone have Judi pics from 90's to present?

I would love to find a way to meet her and get a signed photo.

I have her Andromeda photo in my hall wall.

I often said I'd fly from Baltimore, USA to London just to get Judi's autograph.

I have searched the net tonight, and have managed to garner the following:

The most comprehensive biographic site on Judi is entitled "Following the Trail of Judi Bowker. Here's the link:

OK2LIFE, let's talk!: Following the trail of Judi Bowker.

There is some additional useful information on Wikipedia and IMDb.

The last known details of her agent - where you could send a letter to get in touch - is: Judi Bowker c/o William Morris Agency, 31 Soho Square, London, W1V 5DG, UK.

Most sites mention that she was born in Shawford, Hampshire (UK) on 6 April 1954, trained as a ballerina, and is married to actor/director Harry Meacher. She appears to have been involved with productions with him at Upstairs at the Gatehouse, in Highgate, London.

Hope these few scraps help!

Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    name='ADMIRAL']I have searched the net tonight, and have managed to garner the following:

OK2LIFE, let's talk!: Following the trail of Judi Bowker.
    Seeing as that link is from 2006, I'd say the "trail" has gone rather cold! Perhaps Ms Bowker deliberately shuns the limelight these days?

Liked
    5 times
    name='skywatcher']Seeing as that link is from 2006, I'd say the "trail" has gone rather cold! Perhaps Ms Bowker deliberately shuns the limelight these days?

I have now found a review of the play "Ivanov" by Chekhov, performed at the begiinning of 2009 at the Pentameters Theatre, Hampstead, London, in which Judi Bowker took the part of Anna. The play was directed by her husband, Harry Meacher. This seemed to be the latest of a series of plays in which they have worked together.

review theatre: Ivanov | Pentameters | Russia | Anton Checkhov | Harry Meacher

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    I have a short ghost story called Cassandra's Clock starring Judi, it was taken from the Ice Hole web-site which had short films for download, not sure when it was made but it must have been in the last few years.

Liked
    0 times
    Does anyone have any pics? I'd be happy to just see how she looked over the years. She was a young woman in Clash of the Titans, I want to see her at 26, 35 41.

I'm an odd guy. Most guys favorite women are mega stars with a thousand images across the net. Or maybe I have special eyes. I still have my Clash of the Titans comic book with her on the inside. I got a black and white with her and Black Beauty I got a flea market as a kid. I bought some photos online. I got netflix and watched all they had.

I'm thinking of making it a goal now to meet Judi Bowker before one of us dies....it might make for a nice vaction. But, if by chance I do meet her, I gotta celebrate and if any of you know the best pub in London, let me know.

What would be the fewest amount of days needed to tour London or England. I'm guessing a 10 day vaction at most, 2-3 of those spent flying I guess.

Liked
    5 times
    name='starkey']Does anyone have any pics? I'd be happy to just see how she looked over the years. She was a young woman in Clash of the Titans, I want to see her at 26, 35 41.

I'm an odd guy. Most guys favorite women are mega stars with a thousand images across the net. Or maybe I have special eyes. I still have my Clash of the Titans comic book with her on the inside. I got a black and white with her and Black Beauty I got a flea market as a kid. I bought some photos online. I got netflix and watched all they had.

I'm thinking of making it a goal now to meet Judi Bowker before one of us dies....it might make for a nice vaction. But, if by chance I do meet her, I gotta celebrate and if any of you know the best pub in London, let me know.

What would be the fewest amount of days needed to tour London or England. I'm guessing a 10 day vaction at most, 2-3 of those spent flying I guess.

Why not write to her agent for pictures? I provided the contact details in an earlier post. As I found when I spent some time surfing last night to glean some information for you, there are numerous photos of Judi Bowker potentially available - it's just a matter of a little perseverance and time. I wish you every success with your objective of ultimately meeting her - an enchanting idea!

Liked
    0 times
    name='ADMIRAL']Why not write to her agent for pictures? I provided the contact details in an earlier post. As I found when I spent some time surfing last night to glean some information for you, there are numerous photos of Judi Bowker potentially available - it's just a matter of a little perseverance and time. I wish you every success with your objective of ultimately meeting her - an enchanting idea!

I am sorry, I was didn't read carefully before and I was just on for a minute. Thanks a lot for you help and time, ADMIRAL.

I will put pen to paper soon and post my results.

Liked
    1 times
    For those who would like to see Judi as she is now, some fairly recent footage can be found on Youtube ............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By39fSwF-G0

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    11 times
    name='AR77' date='16 July 2010 - 04:26 PM' timestamp='1279293971' post='452787']

For those who would like to see Judi as she is now, some fairly recent footage can be found on Youtube ............

Still looks good at 56!

Liked
    1 times
    I agree Cully!

I only hope her lack of film/television work in recent years has been through choice (and not because she has been overlooked by casting directors) .... it would be great to see her on the big screen again.

Senior Member Country: Ireland
    Liked
    9 times
    She looks fantastic!

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Tigon Man's Avatar
    Liked
    86 times
    There is a little feature on Judi in todays Daily Mail on the Questions Page. She is still acting and living in London, working mostly at the Pentameters theatre in Hampstead with husband Harry Meacher. Their latest production is called Mist After Dracula.

Judi has also has a film (In post production) called 10 Areas of Marwood, written and directed by ex Double Decker Michael Audreson and set in an addiction clinic. Michael Audreson has a good grounding for this directing role, as he has run his own addictions clinic for a number of years. Lets hope this little Brit Movie doesn't get shelved (as so many low budget movies do) and gets a general release.
    Last edited by Tigon Man; 10-05-11 at 08:57 PM.

Senior Member Country: UK Moor Larkin's Avatar
    Liked
    120 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AR77 View Post
    I only hope her lack of film/television work in recent years has been through choice
    According to the piece mentioned by Tigon she declined to do nude scenes and so - the work dried up.... Lessons in the prices of choices I suppose......

Liked
    0 times
    Great to finally have some up to date information on the lovely Judi :-) 'Clash of the Titans' was (and still is) one of my favourite films and as a fan have found it hard to find up to date information on the beautiful 'Princess Andromeda'....guess i should have looked a little harder! Soooo wanted to look like her when i was younger, but other than the blonde hair, it never happened lol!
    Thank you for sharing some great links x

Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    AR77's link, for Disturbance, still works, and by typing 'judi bowker' you will see links to many more videos, including an adaptation of Rebecca.

Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    I often said I'd fly from Baltimore, USA to London just to get Judi's autograph.
    'Stark' raving mad as well!

Unfinished Business (planned for September)

Judi Bowker in 'Tales of the Unexpected'

Judi played Ann Horton in the episode The Best of Everything, secretly admired by shy clerk Michael Kitchen:

With Michael Kitchen. In this scene, they announce their marriage plans to her father (and his boss), Brewster Mason:

"I saw her with The Best of Everything. You do want the best for your daughter, sir?"

Alternative shot (a better one of Michael):

Michael Kitchen and Judi Bowker in 'Tales of the Unexpected' 2.jpg

Ann has a shock in store for the now much-changed Arthur, who's disposed of roommate/mentor Charlie (Jeremy Clyde):

"He's my brother! We used to call him Bonnie Prince Charlie."

Original ITV Transmission: 26th April 1981, when Making Your Mind Up by Bucks Fizz was No. 1.

Update

Judi's latest credit is as Amelia in 10 Arenas of Marwood, co-starring husband Harry Meacher. Meanwhile, her Princess Andromeda character was recently reprised in a sequel to The Clash of the Titans (Wrath of ...), played this time by obscure actress Rosamund Pike. Don't tell her!

Senior Member Country: Wales David Challinor's Avatar
    Liked
    9 times
    For all those, including me, who miss Judi's presence on our screens, I've found this online cv of hers, with a recent photo. Still lovely and very talented of course
    Sheridan Fitzgerald Management - Judi Bowker

Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    I received the Complete Series boxset of The Adventures of Black Beauty two days ago (an excellent 20.83 in Network's Sale, now back to 34.72) and watched the first episode this morning. My dim childhood memories are of Stacy Dorning as the heroine and a bearded William Lucas as her father. I haven't even seen the film so a lot of catching up to do.

A charming publicity still of Judi that you won't find on the DVD (the image gallery is Merchandise only it seems ):

I very much enjoyed the series opener, which included Ron Pember and Paul Angelis, but was reminded of the recent sad death of Charlotte Mitchell, who played the family housekeeper. Don't know why these aren't included but thumbnail images are better than nothing:

The Adventures of Black Beauty at Rex Features

As it happens, I've also started watching another 1970s with young Judi - South Riding, as Nigel Davenport's daughter this time.

Senior Member Country: England billy farmer's Avatar
    Liked
    308 times
    Judi Bowker appeared in the 3 part TV Mini-Series Menace Unseen (1988), i recently managed to obtain a copy of Menace Unseen, thanks to a kind Brit Movie Member, and i watched the final part last night, i found Menace Unseen to be a very good TV Mini-Series and i enjoyed watching all three episodes, Judi Bowker was very good in the role of Tessa Shriving, Menace Unseen has only been shown on TV once (on ITV in 1988), and has never been shown on TV since, some of the series was filmed in Norfolk (the English County where i live), at the start of the final episode (which i watched last night) i saw Blickling Hall, which is not far from where i live, also appearing in Menace Unseen was Ian Ogilvy (one of my favourite Actors) in the role of Duncan Free, i can remember seeing Ian Ogilvy being interviewed on Anglia News when he was filming some of the series in Norfolk, hopefully one day Menace Unseen will be released on DVD.

Senior Member Country: Ireland
    Liked
    9 times
    Sounds like a great series.Would love to see it.

Senior Member Country: United States TimR's Avatar
    Liked
    29 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AR77 View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By39fSwF-G0
    Stunning when she was young. Stunning in middle age. She still has that beautiful hair. Her beauty is not just on the surface, and the surface is very impressive.