+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Country: United States Reeldigger's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    Back in the early 60s, Vincent Price was cast in the lead of a short-lived Broadway musical, Darling of the Day with Patricia Routledge. I can only assume some singing was required but I don't know if any recordings survived.

Senior Member Country: England woody123's Avatar
    Liked
    11 times
    Milla Jovovich and Scarlett Johansen have both released albums.Jovovich's(Divine Comedy) is quite good, sort of Kate Bush meets Bowie in a folk club feeling.Johansen's(eponymously titled) is not impressive at all.

According to the interviews on the DVD of Walk The Line,Phoenix did do his own singing despite what imdb says.

John C Reilly does his own singing and playing in Walk Hard.

Someone mentioned Lorne Greene of Bonanza fame.He had a single in the UK charts in the early 60's named "Ringo" but whether you could call it singing is arguable.I would say he recited it as he did with the b-side the Bonanza theme.

Minnie Driver's 2 albums are worth a listen if you like contemporary singer/songwriter material.

Senior Member Country: United States will.15's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    name='Reeldigger']Back in the early 60s, Vincent Price was cast in the lead of a short-lived Broadway musical, Darling of the Day with Patricia Routledge. I can only assume some singing was required but I don't know if any recordings survived.

Yes. Back in those days they recorded all musicals, even flops, as that one was. I saw that one at the public library, but my stereo system didn't work, so I didn't check it out. They no longer have it as they got rid of all their records. Some of them I bought cheap at their library sale, but didn't see that one there. I think he may have talk sung because their first choice was Rex Harrison

Senior Member Country: Scotland steereomono's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    Zooey Deschannel does a bit of singing and songwriting with She & Him

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkzRyHa9a6g"]YouTube - She & Him - Why Do You Let Me Stay Here?[/ame]

Senior Member Country: Australia
    Liked
    1 times
    I recently found an LP of a stage production of Cabaret with Judy Dench!

Haven't given it a spin yet.

Senior Member Country: UK Mr Sloane's Avatar
    Liked
    239 times
    name='Wicked Lady']I recently found an LP of a stage production of Cabaret with Judy Dench!

Haven't given it a spin yet.

I imagine it's very good

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE3dLzIYKs8]YouTube - Judi Dench Send in the Clowns[/ame][/QUOTE]

Senior Member Country: United States will.15's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    Barbara Streissand insisted Sondheim change some of the lyrics to Send in the Clowns before she recorded it (just her version) and he did. He should have told her to piss off.

Senior Member Country: Germany
    Liked
    1 times
    name='Reeldigger']Back in the early 60s, Vincent Price was cast in the lead of a short-lived Broadway musical, Darling of the Day with Patricia Routledge. I can only assume some singing was required but I don't know if any recordings survived.

Price did quite a bit of singing during his career. Here are a few examples:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jw0HlB54CIw]YouTube - Vincent Price Sings[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEZUCKM_6Xo]YouTube - Vincent Price sings Moody & Sad[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xal8G-BRelU]YouTube - Vincent Price at muppet show[/ame]

You can also hear him at the finale of Dr Phibes Rises Again (although Phibes can hardly count as a singer) and Madhouse (before they changed the music tracks for the more recent screenings and videos).

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    1 times
    Lewis Collins - sings a couple of songs on these 'Professionals' tribute videos:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIEpLgJZn18]YouTube - LEWIS COLLINS the professionals[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMcwKA9ccX4&feature=related]YouTube - LEWIS COLLINS take it out on time[/ame]

Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    name='faginsgirl']I`m sorry, FABULOUS actor and I know he has recently had an album out bless him, but.......Christopher lee.

But he did quite well here

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqHaG8LLjRQ"]YouTube- Rhapsody - The Magic of the Wizard Dream[/ame]

I wish he had made albums when he was younger

Senior Member Country: UK didi-5's Avatar
    Liked
    191 times
    Leonard Nimoy and 'Bilbo Baggins' anyone?

I'm a fan of McArthurs Park I'm afraid, dodgy last note and all. Richard Harris was an unusual singer and excellent in Camelot.

Talking of Camelot didn't both Laurence Harvey and Rock Hudson appear on stage in it as King Arthur? I've heard a bit of Rock's recordings and he didn't sound too bad.

Also whether Robert Shaw made a mess of Yesterday he sang Lord Randal quite pleasantly in A Man for All Seasons (to Vanessa Redgrave as Anne Boleyn, who says nothing in her brief appearance).

Finally, talking of Aspects of Love and odd choices, before Roger Moore there was Dinsdale Landen, who may have acted the part of the old roue George brilliantly but my goodness the singing was painful. No wonder he only did the tryout show!

Senior Member Country: Australia wadsy's Avatar
    Liked
    40 times
    Stephen Boyd in Jumbo & he wasn't dubbed !!

Senior Member Country: Great Britain vincenzo's Avatar
    Liked
    1 times
    name='didi-5']Leonard Nimoy and 'Bilbo Baggins' anyone?

Absolutely dire, though he did record creditable versions of Both Sides Now & Ruby Don't Take Your Love To Town. Grace Lee Whitney (Yeoman Rand) was absolutely gorgeous and one of my pin-ups, but her Disco Trekkin/Star Child single is appalling.

Nichelle (Uhura) Nichols jazzy 60's Down To Earth album was very good.

Liked
    67 times
    Barbara Stanwyck, who sang Sammy Cahn's, Take it off the E String, Play it on the G, in the camp classic, Lady of Burlesque.

Susan Hayward in the harrowing story of Lilian Roth, actress/singer, and alcoholic, in I'll Cry Tomorrow. Susan was so good that Roth had to alter her singing style in her cabaret act to match Susan's.

I didn't realise that this was an old thread, so I have probably mentioned all of these before, but George Maharis and Richard Chamberlain both released LP's in the 1960's.

Senior Member Country: UK Joe Fraguela's Avatar
    Liked
    10 times
    A few more actors who have been known to sing a few songs:-

Dennis Waterman reached number 3 back in 1980 with I could be so good for you.

Dudley Moore & Peter Cook, I love their L.S.Bumble Bee song and their songs Bedazzled and Love Me both from their 1967 film Bedazzled

The Isreali actress Daliah Lavi recorded a number of singles and albums from the late 1960's onwards. She was very popular in Germany

Lynn Redgrave & Rita Tushingham both sung tracks in their film Smashing Time

Spanish actresses Marisol and Rocio Durcal were also popular singers in the 1960's, 70's and 80's.

Liked
    191 times
    name='wadsy']Stephen Boyd in Jumbo & he wasn't dubbed !!

I always wondered whether it was his own voice - but then I quite like the song 'The Most Beautiful Girl in the World', and the scene does end with Doris Day covered in mud! A thumbs up all round in my book.

Senior Member Country: UK frame69's Avatar
    Liked
    15 times
    Not an actor (yet) but I just watched Justin Lee Collins sing Delilah on C in Need and was sort of suprised at his effort.

Frame.

(I was'nt watching C in N just channel surfing)

Liked
    191 times
    Has anyone mentioned Peter O'Toole in Man of La Mancha and Goodbye Mr Chips yet? And Peter Lawford was pretty awful in Easter Parade and Good News when it came to carrying a song.

Keith Michell, best known for the Six Wives of Henry VIII is however an excellent singer, as were Jeremy Brett (despite being dubbed in My Fair Lady), and Ian Charleson (as seen in Rock Follies and in Jubilee).

Senior Member Country: Great Britain vincenzo's Avatar
    Liked
    1 times
    Anthony Perkins was also an extremely creditable singer.

Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    "Horrorific"!:-

John Carradine warbling Night Train to Mundo Fine (1966).

Lon Chaney, Jr. talk-croaking for Spider Baby (1968) - the outtakes are hilarious.