+ Reply to Thread
    Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    Does anyone know the cause of death (yes me again) for kenneth j warren? he wasnt very old. Also without being intrusive, is there any way to find out who the veteran stars are that live at denville hall? thank you

Super Moderator Country: Fiji
    Liked
    114 times
    Quote Originally Posted by joeymonsta
    Does anyone know the cause of death (yes me again) for kenneth j warren? he wasnt very old. Also without being intrusive, is there any way to find out who the veteran stars are that live at denville hall? thank you
    I seem to recall reading that Kenneth J Warren took his own life ; an overdose, I think. As for Denville Hall, I think you will be very hard pushed to find info other than the odd interviews that some residents give. As you imply, it's a matter of privacy.

SMUDGE

Liked
    0 times
    Does anyone know what happened to this most memorable, bald pated character actor from the 1970's?

He seemed to turn up frequently in TV/film roles in the early 1970's, usually in villainous or comically villainous roles ( the film Blood Beast Terror and the Steptoe and Son episode 'Cuckoo in the Nest' where he played Albert's natural son who turns up from 'Down Under' come to mind) but then he just seemed to disappear.

Did he die or just return to his native Oz, assuming that he was Australian, and carry on with his career there? It would be interesting to know.

Super Moderator Country: UK batman's Avatar
    Liked
    255 times

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    1 times
    catch him in Danger Man in the episode The Paper Chase, good episode(Directed by McGoohan)and Kenneth J Warren is superb.

Senior Member Country: Australia
    Liked
    0 times
    Not listed in his IMDb filmography is an appearance in a short Australian documentary from 1955 called "This is the ABC". I saw this a few years ago and recognised him in it. At least, I'm pretty sure it was him. I've just found the film online at A Place To Think. The gentleman in question appears at about 3:10 into it.

Senior Member Country: UK Dandy Forsdyke's Avatar
    Liked
    12 times
    Quote Originally Posted by stevie boy
    catch him in Danger Man in the episode The Paper Chase, good episode(Directed by McGoohan)and Kenneth J Warren is superb.
    He was also in a few of Avengers episodes - including the iconic 'Epic' as the wonderful Z.Z. von Schnerk!

The Avengers Forever: Kenneth J. Warren

Liked
    0 times
    Saw him on stage in The Dumb Waiter, many years ago. As I mentioned elsewhere on the site he was a favourite actor of mine.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    I didn't realise that he died so tragically young.

He had a marvellous brooding presence in TV thrillers in the 60's, with a great thick neck which wrinkled at the back where it joined his bald head, all adding to his air of menace.

vladpyre
    I remember hearing years ago that Mr Warren tragically committed suicide - can anybody second this?

Super Moderator Country: Fiji
    Liked
    114 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vladpyre
    I remember hearing years ago that Mr Warren tragically committed suicide - can anybody second this?
    I have heard similar - death by overdose of tablets I believe. Very sad.

Smudge

Senior Member Country: Scotland
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by smudge
    I have heard similar - death by overdose of tablets I believe. Very sad.

Smudge

That seems to ring bells with me as well. Shame......

Liked
    80 times
    Kenneth died of a heart attack as reported by the Daily Express on 30/8/73:

The IMDB/BFI state Kenneth's date of death to be 27/8/73. The DE's announcement is just three days later. I'm prepared to accept the veracity of their report because if Kenneth had died by his own hand, there would surely have been a delay re: the cause of death, pending an inquest being held.

He was an excellent comedic actor as he showed in his episodes of Steptoe and Up Pompeii, and a terrible loss at so young an age.

E.