Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    name='wearysloth']

Patrick Jordan looking stony in Too Late the Hero

He also does a good impersonation of Brian Wilde

Here in You Only Live Twice

I'm 70% convinced that is Patrick though...

unless anyone knows different?

Cheers Cornershop15 for the pics!

and I shall have a look see at Dr. Crippen for Harbottle!

That looks like Patrick to me, for what it's worth!

Confusingly, both Geoffrey Toone and Basil Henson are in Dr. Crippen. Geoffrey's voice always sounds dubbed, but I'm sure it's not - perhaps he did dubbing work for other actors!

Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    I found some old screencaps that I did on my laptop earlier. These are from the episode Let Them Say:

Francesca Annis as Lillie

Anton Rodgers as Edward Langtry

I should have posted this at his thread ages ago but wanted to add more

I wasn't aware that Denis Lill, seen here as the Prince of Wales, was born in New Zealand until recently

I haven't watched that programme Benidorm but know that Sheila Reid is in it. She's Queen Victoria here:

Peter Egan as Oscar Wilde (sorry I couldn't do a better one)

I see you have already put up the David Gwillim capture I posted earlier but you missed this one of

Don Fellows, as his fellow-American James Whistler, which I originally posted at his Obituary thread

... where you'll also find something from The Naked Civil Servant that might interest you

I've no idea who this fella is. Unless you can identify him you might have to file him with your Unknowns

I think I can account for the other actors so it's John Humphry, Julian Sherrier, Edgar Wreford or Phillip York

As with Suzanne Neve a few weeks ago, I can't decide which one to suggest for your compendium

EDIT - Glad I sorted out that mess quickly. I might have a Miscellaneous selection for you next time

Senior Member Country: England harryfielder's Avatar
    Liked
    51 times
    Why do I think it's Keith Barron.....??

Aitch,

Perhaps not......Not on IMBD......

Senior Member Country: United States wearysloth's Avatar
    Liked
    19 times
    Cheers

I can't ID that last fellow, though as-per-usual, he is aggravatingly familiar.

somewhere between Keith Barron, Christopher Strauli and Owen Brenman

while browsing for Edgar Wreford I chanced upon a gorgeous Link:Rita Tushingham site

Liked
    177 times
    To add to the Danny Green and Nosher Powell captures, a few more from the episode Just for the Record:

Here's the brilliant Mike Pratt, who has just been rescued from a blazing warehouse by the fire brigade:

I do believe this is my first solo capture of Kenneth Cope for the Forum. I'm as surprised as he looks:

Likewise Annette Andre. And what better way to start than with a telephone! Two reasons to blush :

I'm not far away, I hope, from paying tribute to Ronald Radd's entertaining performance at his thread:

The other main guest was beautiful Olivia Hamnett, who I was horrified to discover died of a brain tumour.

Like favourites Hilary Tindall and Alan Badel, she was born in Manchester but later emigrated to Australia*

*I must have seen her a few times in Australian productions Prisoner Cell Block H and The Last Wave

This was the best one I could do of Michael Beint I'm afraid. Not ideal. Annette Andre in the background:

I've been looking forward to this one! A generous close-up of future Crossroads actor Jack Woolgar:

I recognised Ken Watson as soon as I saw him. He was a Police Sergeant in Man About the House too:

"I'd like to ask you a few questions. Down at the station if you don't mind, sir"

COMING SOON: The completion of Just for the Record and the Miscellaneous offerings I promised last time

Liked
    177 times
    The rest of the cast of Just for the Record, including the uncredited Miss Paris (but who was Miss Perth?).

This is Clifford Cox as an Attendant at the Public Records Office. The reason for the unusual size for this

image is that I cropped a headless Olivia Hamnett out of the picture, which you'll probably crop again!:

I also have his appearance in Ghost Squad, which was a similar role, as a Security Man. Further good

news: he's on the forthcoming Man at the Top DVD as a Pub Landlord. Obviously a 'Bit-Part Actor' *

I noticed in your Fiona Curzon profile that she was in an obscure film called Love is a Splendid Illusion.

Where did you get that? She didn't have much to do here, just display her charms to judge Michael Beint:

Ditto Katya Wyeth. I look forward to reposting this at her neglected thread after I've finished here:

She's brunette here but I saw her as a blonde not long ago in The Sweeney, wearing a helmet!

Lastly, Jan Rossini, who plays Miss Moscow. There were no problems doing the capture, or finding out

who she was, but I had to locate her appearance in an episode of Steptoe and Son to see if it could

give me any clues to her nationality (filing purposes). Despite her name, I think she sounds English!

She played 'Bank Manager' Norman Bird's secretary in that and only spoke two words - "Certainly, sir"

From Men of Property (1970):

Norman:" Ah, Miss Merry. Deposit this will you?" - Jan: "Certainly, sir";

Albert Steptoe: "Cor, she's got a big overdraft hasn't she?" /

*That settles it then - a thread for 'Bit Part Actors We Wish We'd Seen More Of' beckons, headed by Keith James

Liked
    51 times
    The man next to Ken Watson is Ron Baker, (he did many R. & H,s....)

Aitch,

Liked
    19 times
    Cheers Aitch, Corner!

Love is a Splendid Illusion (1969)

A film with The Sun mentality, ie make tsk tsk noises about the assorted infidelities of the hero, yet revels in all the toplessness it can feast its lens on. Directed rather flatly by the usually reliable Tom Clegg.

Lisa Collings has the most thankless role as the hero's true love, but is rewarded by singing the title and end credit songs - she has a very good voice - but the songs are fairly dreadful.

Maxine Casson is suitably stunning - what became of her?

Fiona Curzon manages to remain clothed and aloof to the hero's charms through the proceedings.

Film released on the Jezebel label in the US

Senior Member Country: Vatican Sgt Sunshine's Avatar
    Liked
    212 times
    Its a great site Wearysloth............all my favourite ladies are there..............

Some very nice photos......

Keep up the good work......its certainly appreciated.

Sgt S

Liked
    177 times
    Many thanks for putting up those captures from Just for the Record, Weary. Looks better now, doesn't it?

A minor error: I somehow forgot to include Kevin Smith, who played Olivia Hamnett's Photographer. Not

to worry, he'll turn up in the Miscellaneous Updates I hope to post later this week. Watch this space

I finished watching the second series of The Power Game a few hours ago (and the very last Special

Branch
    as well), which was a bit sad. This must have one of the greatest ensemble casts in TV history.

I'll have the rest of the actors soon but here are the main stars, in the episode Where Do I Want to Go?

Patrick Wymark as Sir John Wilder:

Making his second appearance in this thread (following The Prisoner), Clifford Evans as Caswell Bligh:

I love this scene with Clifford and his screen son, Peter Barkworth, who bursts into laughter. He's saying:

"If it becomes apparent that two Managing Directors can't keep out of trouble, the only way out will be to

resign from the NEB (National Export Board) and come back to Blighs - as sole Managing Director!"

A 'frumpy'-looking Barbara Murray as Lady Pamela Wilder:

Rosemary Leach as Susan Weldon, from the same scene with Patrick Wymark above:

Jack Watling as Don Henderson (not to be confused with the actor):

Peter Barkworth as Kenneth Bligh:

Original ITV transmission: 12th December 1966, when Tom Jones was #1 with Green Green Grass of Home

COMING SOON: The return of Arthur Pentelow, plus Guy Doleman and Norma Ronald (Mrs. Edward Judd)

Senior Member Country: England billy farmer's Avatar
    Liked
    308 times
    Some great pictures you have posted on this thread cornershop, Randall And Hopkirk Deceased has always been one of my favourite Detective shows and it is always good to learn more about the Actors and Actresses who have appeared in shows apart from the main cast, keep up the good work cornershop thanks to you i am learning a lot more about Actors and Actresses whose faces i know but can never remember their names when i see them on TV.

have you seen the photographs i posted from Dad's Army Day on the thread Who have you met that's nice.

Liked
    177 times
    Thanks a lot, Billy. Wearysloth deserves most of the plaudits as his compulsive site been a great help to me on many occasions. I even have his page for a film or TV episode on standby when watching something in case I can't identify the actor! A recent example was the Horror film From Beyond the Grave. My problem is with faces rather than names - one of the reasons why 'Actors We Didn't Recognise Until We Saw The Credits' and 'Where Have We Seen Them Before?' were created. 'Name That Face' as well I think.

I have seen your Dad's Army photos and especially like the one of the fire engine My favourite colour. Corporal Jones's van too. To be honest, I'm not such a fan of candid shots of actors and actresses (I like them to ACT!) but as long as everyone had a good time I'm glad it was a nice day. "As long as they're happy, I'm happy" I always say. Yes, now I think about it I've liked a lot of the outdoor pictures that have appeared here, whether by yourself, mariocki or Mark O. A pity I can't enjoy the outdoors anymore but the computer and old TV shows give just as much pleasure, believe me.

Liked
    177 times
    More from 'Where Do I Want to Go?'. The title was spoken by a 'tiddly' Jack Watling at the beginning

as a taxi picks him up from a restaurant called 'The Water Hole! The taxi driver is uncredited. I might

re-post this at 'Anyone Recognise This Actor?', but he'd also be a useful addition to your Unknowns:

He looks familiar somehow

I have double-checked this episode, which I've done more than 200 screencaps from, and found it's

only Norma Ronald's voice that is heard (which was the case in a few other episodes I think), hence

her non-appearance in this visual cast list, presented - apart from the above - in chronological order!

Guy Doleman, best known as Colonel Ross in the Harry Palmer trilogy and the first No. 1 in The Prisoner:

I thought of posting this to ShirlGirl, convinced Guy was Australian. He was in fact from New Zealand!

I noticed you've included my capture of Emmerdale Farm actor Arthur Pentelow from Charlie Bubbles

in your profile of him. Thanks. That was filmed in late 1966, around the same time this was broadcast:

It's decision time again, Wearysloth, as I bring you obscure actor Reginald Barrett, here with glasses:

Just noticed you already have him! Your profile picture has Reginald without glasses, so maybe this one?:

He was billed as Reginald Barratt in this. His choice, or a mistake by the programme makers?

Are there any actors you DON'T have? Ah! None other than recent 'Bit Part Actress' subject Gilly McIver!:

She played Jack Watling's secretary here and was great as a Waitress in Public Eye. Talking of waiters ...

Lastly, Peter Evans as the Waiter. These days I try to pay more attention to actors in minor roles:

With Patrick Wymark and Rosemary Leach

That completes the cast for this episode of The Power Game. Oddly enough, the last thing I screencapped was Callan - Where Else Could I Go?, which could be a follow-up title to this one. I might put together something from that to assist your website but next time I should have the Miscellaneous Updates I promised a couple of weeks ago. There must be others here who have images from films and shows that aren't in mine or Weary's collections? Come on folks, help him out!

Regards,

Cornershop

Senior Member Country: Germany Hummies's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    The Actor's Compendium is a real treasure on the web!

Use it quite a lot for identifying unknown guest stars. Think it's a great idea to start such a huge project and would love to contribute some screen caps from films or series if it's any help.

Best regards,

Hummies

Liked
    19 times
    Cheers to all!

There are complications in that little batch.

Reginald Barratt or Reginald Barrett? The IMDb has him both ways.. I'd gone with Barratt...

and is Gilly McIver one and the same with Gillian McIver who appears in a lone episode of Shoestring?

Next up I want to expand the music section, having added the UK top 20's (34,000 records) next the US and then try and link the whole lot back to film soundtracks and individual performers.

and then there's the matter of uploads to attend to.

ta very much!

Liked
    177 times
    Hey, Wearysloth - that's GOT to be her (Gilly McIver)! Brilliant! The Shoestring appearance, in 1979, will fit in neatly between her last two credits at IMDb, ITV Playhouse, earlier the same year, and the forgotten Martin Jarvis series Breakaway in 1980. I'll try and correct it later. Thank you for finding that. It didn't occur to me to search under her more formal name of Gillian. Another example I can think of is 'Lizzie' Power, Arthur's 'mature' mistress in EastEnders and once married to Michael Aspel. I saw her billed as Elizabeth Power in a couple of episodes of Lillie not long ago.

It's up to you regarding Reginald Barratt/Barrett. It was with an a in that episode of The Power Game (Just seen you've updated the whole cast - thanks again). I'm more concerned that our Steve (Crook) decided to opt for Susan Brodrick when he requested a merger of her two profiles at IMDb! I found Broderick much sexier Gone off her now ... ()

I'm really excited about these chart details you've added. Reasons: As well as the information you must have seen me add after my captures, I also have 'in the pipeline' yet another thread idea, which we again might benefit from together. After all sorts of titles crossed my mind, I've decided on 'Cornershop's Sixties Diary'. I did a lot of research for my original version of it, on my computer, when I was denied Internet access for six weeks. My intention is to find out the exact dates of such Sixties 'events' as original releases of films and transmissions of TV episodes, and, if possible, any known dates when shooting of films or shows were in progress; AND whatever chart information I can find. It seems we've had the same ideas! In my case for many years.

The chart positions I'm okay with (British and American) and even the days all the Hot 100 records peaked in the Billboard charts, but the British dates confuse me. The Guinness Book of Hit Singles editions I have only have the day a song first appeared in the charts. Not the day it was released or the day it peaked. Is your source The Official British Record Charts by Tony Jasper? Anyway, this is the first date I picked from your "music section":

The Actors Compendium: On This Day, 12th December 1966

That was the day Where Do I Want to Go was broadcast, my favourite episode of The Power Game so far.

I've discovered that this followed a Coronation Street which included future Family at War actress Coral Atkins, and preceded an episode of elusive series The Rat Catcher called Rendezvous - Vienna, featuring my recent subject Geoffrey Palmer. I have a photograph of Jean Shrimpton - soon to be seen in the film Privilege - at the Costa del Sol, that is supposed to have been taken on this day, according to the Getty Images caption. I can also tell you that just a couple of days earlier The Beatles began recording Sgt. Pepper, with When I'm 64 the first song. There are probably a few political or death dates that I can trace as well. What do you think? You're way ahead of me if you've added details for 34, 000 records but I find this kind of research fascinating. Good luck

Liked
    51 times
    name='Hummies']The Actor's Compendium is a real treasure on the web!

Use it quite a lot for identifying unknown guest stars. Think it's a great idea to start such a huge project and would love to contribute some screen caps from films or series if it's any help.

Best regards,

Hummies

Hummies,, would you have a pic of Roger Moore's stand/in double when he was making the Saint....First name ....Mark......

Thank you.......

Aitch,

Liked
    19 times
    The 1960s charts are from something called Record Retailer and from 1970 on from British Market Research Bureau, that I believe fed the BBC chart. Happiness would be getting definitve lists of performers from Top of the Pops and/or Juke Box Jury and/or whatever other chart shows were about (Old Grey Woolie Vest, Hullaballoo etc).

The Rat Catchers listing on the IMDb does not include that episode you mentioned and they have an episode called Showdown Vienna airing on December 15th, 1966 - which seems unlikely if there was an episode on the 12th, no?

But I'm becoming more suspicious of some of these airdates as now I've associated days to the dates, I have episodes of Captain Scarlet popping up on Fridays and to my memory they were always on a Sunday afternoon.

I'd love to include a few significant non movie historical references too if database space allows.

More radio and tV Times needed! Although they are complicated by regional schedules and my favourite - when the cricket got rained off which meant BBC would show movies like Dr. who and the Daleks.

I would love to have listings for what my local cinemas were playing week by week (The State, Ritz and Thameside theatres in Grays, Essex (they were all single screen jobs too)).

Does anyone have such lists for any UK cinema?

I find the soap opera's altogether too much like hard work, despite phenomenal resources out there like

Corriespace.com

tally-ho

Senior Member Country: Germany Hummies's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    name='harryfielder']Hummies,, would you have a pic of Roger Moore's stand/in double when he was making the Saint....First name ....Mark......

Thank you.......

Aitch,

So sorry, Aitch, but couldn't make out the last name of 'Mark' to look for a picture of him. Googled a bit on the net and found out three other names of people that claimed to have worked as stand-in/doubles for Sir Roger on 'The Saint'... but no Mark. Do you know any other productions he worked for or even appeared in? Any hint would be appreciated!

And of course, Mike Reid was mentioned on multiple sites for his work as a stunt double for Roger Moore.

Best regards,

Hummies

Liked
    51 times
    Hummies,,,,,,,,,,,,Mark Taylor,,,,,,

He was in the biz for a long time......

Aitch,