+ Reply to Thread
    Al
    In the film can anyone tell me who the actor was who played Shirley's (Jaqueline Ellis) husband, who she visited in jail. Help really would be appreciated.

Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    Anthony booth-i think

Liked
    151 times
    No, Anthony Booth played the driver who gives her a lift. There's a brief piece here: The Hijackers , but I can't recall who played her husband as he only appeared briefly at the end.

Al
    Thanks for our replies. I know the query seems a a bit obscure but this has really been bugging me.

The girl does go to see her husband near the end of the film and it really is a very small part. The thing is, its a marvellous piece of over acting in the "I'm too good for this bit part - I'll show 'em some real acting" sort of category.

Its just that I know of someone who I'm pretty sure is that person (but they have progressed somewhat from the acting profession). Next time the film is repeated I'll be glued to the credits.

I believe the film is very typical of British films of the period (although probably not very true to real life).

Thanks again for your replies.

Liked
    0 times
    I have just had a look at my copy of the Hi Jackers. The husband's name is "Tim" (and I agree about the over acting). There is a limited cast list at the start of the film, but no full cast at the end against character names. If you think you know this person, maybe this list of actors may help. I think you will probably find your name in one of the following as I have identified all of the others. : Douglas Livingstone, Terence Taylor (who at 33 at the time maybe slightly too old), Cecil Waters, Michael Beint, David Carey (who I think is a strong favourite as I think this was his only film !),George Waring, and Antony Brown. It may be of course that his name was not listed at all, but I don't think that is the case...I am sure he would have wanted his name in lights after such a performance ! Good luck, Paul

Al
    Welshpaul

I'm amazed! Thanks. . .

None of the names tally - but this doesn't mean I'm wrong in my thoughts - yet. I will report back.

Incidentally, I really must put the record straight in case the chap who played the part ever reads this!! I think perhaps I might have been unkind, his acting was fine really, (its just that he deserved a bigger part!)

Many thanks again.

Al Roland

Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    Go to www.imdb.com and type in the hijackers for a full cast list