+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    0 times
    Anyone remember those times when you used to rush into school eager to discuss a film you'd just seen at the cinema or on the tv the night before. I'd be interested to know which movies you all talked about.These were obviously the days before video and multi-channel tv. It would also be interesting to get an idea of the popular genres of the time - in my case westerns and war films and male/female variations as well as different generations. Of course there were also whispered discussions about a sexy actress and a flash of female flesh.

Anyway here's a few to start off.

British

Where Eagles Dare

Village of the Damned

Any Norman Wisdom movie

Zulu

Kes

Non British

The Great Escape

The Magnificent Seven series of movies

Man from Uncle movies

Kellys Heroes

The Towering Inferno

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    Ahhh! If only the grey matter would let me....The only thing I can remember discussing at schol was Monty Python and what we'd all like to do to the new student history teacher......god! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img] Regards, Decks.

Liked
    151 times
    My school days coincided with the advent of home VCR's and explosion of High Street rental stores so most lunchtime conversations revolved around what video 'nasties' we'd managed to see (It was similar to an episode of The Young Ones called Nasty).At the time Vipco were king, we'd often hire a film based solely on the cover and if there was an age limit non of the rental stores abided by it. The Government soon latched onto this and by the early 80s we had the DPP nasty list.

Most were utter tosh but one title stuck with me. The Living Dead At The Manchester Morgue wasn't the Mancunian inner-city zombie fest I expected but some badly dubbed actors (accents from all over the shop) running around the scenic Peak District from the undead. (the bit that sticks in my mind is a topless women running about in Manchester.. for no apparent reason)

Liked
    151 times
    On the subject of childhood days this cracks me up: Rainbow

Super Moderator Country: Fiji
    Liked
    114 times
    </div><div class='quotemain'>Ahhh! If only the grey matter would let me....The only thing I can remember discussing at school was Monty Python and what we'd all like to do to the new student history teacher......god! [/b]
    At our school it was PINK PANTHER films and the new chimstry teacher - a Kate-Bush-a-like. A tiny thing who we lads (for some vague, forgotten reason) always encouraged to lean over the front of our desks when we were 'stuck'... blush

SMUDGE

Liked
    114 times
    Alright, alright.....who knows how to spell Chomustry - Grrr - Kemestry.... - Grrr SCIENCE !

:)

SMUDGE

Liked
    0 times
    </div><div class='quotemain'>smudge:

</div><div class='quotemain'>Ahhh! If only the grey matter would let me....The only thing I can remember discussing at school was Monty Python and what we'd all like to do to the new student history teacher......god! [/b]
    At our school it was PINK PANTHER films and the new chimstry teacher - a Kate-Bush-a-like. A tiny thing who we lads (for some vague, forgotten reason) always encouraged to lean over the front of our desks when we were 'stuck'... blush

SMUDGE [/b]
    Jeez! I wish I had a cemistree teacher like yours, I was(and I 'spose still am)a big fan of Kate Bush, a remarkable talent....and one of my very few claims to fame is that I've met her twice, she was great, elfin like, ethreal and yet,at the same time very down to earth and funny - and all round tasty bird!and very much into British movies.

Wow,wow,wow,wow,wowwwwww! Regards, Decks.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    </div><div class='quotemain'>DB7:

On the subject of childhood days this cracks me up: Rainbow [/b]
    eek!

Liked
    114 times
    </div><div class='quotemain'> she was great, elfin like, ethreal and yet,at the same time very down to earth and funny - and all round tasty bird!and very much into British movies. [/b]
    ALMOST the perfect package - but can she cook ? hysteric

SMUDGE

Liked
    0 times
    And iron, don't forget ironing.

Liked
    114 times
    Hackett.

You and me mate - we're DOOMED.... scold

clown

SMUDGE

Liked
    0 times
    That's true Smudge, but at least we shan't go hungry or look like we slept in our clothes.

Liked
    0 times
    And she's got shed-loads of money!!(see brit-flick fever) wink regards, Decks.

Liked
    114 times
    </div><div class='quotemain'>That's true Smudge, but at least we shan't go hungry or look like we slept in our clothes [/b]
    LMAO !! hysteric

I can't follow that Hackett !

Maximum points are yours and Decks.... clap

SMUDGE

Liked
    0 times
    I'm humbled to receive such an accolade from one so revered bow "Laugh? I laughed so much me sphincter got better" Cheers mate! Decks.