+ Reply to Thread
    spotts
    Has anyone ever seen a TV adapted film/series called the "The White Rabbit" starring Kenneth Moore as Wing Commander Yeo-Thomas the World War 11 resistance hero whose autobiography carried thye same title. A new book has come out on him called "Bravest of the Brave" in which reference is made to the TV series above also his story was covered in the brilliant book"Between Silk and Cyanide".

Any info would be welcome

best Regards

spotts

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    4 times
    After his great success in THE FORSYTE SAGA(1967) the BBC gave Kenneth Moore virtually carte blanche to choose his next TV project and a mini-series based on THE WHITE RABBIT was the one he chose to do.

Made in 1967 it was fairly well received at the time but was generally felt to have rather too many 'stiff upper lip' British-war-film-type cliches.

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    According to the people at The Mausoleum Club it could only be made on condition that it not be sold abroad so it's very unlikely that it was properly archived and there's no sign of it that they know of. Shame.

Steve

Member Country: Scotland
    Liked
    0 times
    I am reading The White Rabbit at the moment. What strikes me most is the way security of agents was treated (not by Yeo-Thomas) in a very casual manner and the high casualty rate this caused.It made me think of a British TV documentary a year or two ago which made serious allegations about some agents as being double-agents. Can anyone remember the doc.?

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    </div><div class='quotemain'>Gerry C:

I am reading The White Rabbit at the moment. What strikes me most is the way security of agents was treated (not by Yeo-Thomas) in a very casual manner and the high casualty rate this caused.It made me think of a British TV documentary a year or two ago which made serious allegations about some agents as being double-agents. Can anyone remember the doc.? [/b]
    They were more than allegations. Some of them (but very few) definitely were double agents. But the lax attitude to the security of agents was more due to the battles between MI6 & SIS and the differences between peacetime & wartime requirements. These are detailed quite well in the brilliant book by Leo Marks (in charge of agents' codes at SOE) "Between Silk and Cyanide".

Steve

Member Country: Scotland
    Liked
    0 times
    Steve

Thanks. I have got hold of the book and am reading it now.

I had trouble logging-on, hence the tardy ta.

G