+ Reply to Thread
    Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    Has anyone seen this film, I have read about it in a film book, but cannot find any trace of it anywhere else.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    69 times
    Originally posted by benchcluttocks@Sep 7 2005, 05:06 PM

Has anyone seen this film, I have read about it in a film book, but cannot find any trace of it anywhere else.

Tried IMDB?

Ta Ta

Marky B

Liked
    0 times
    Originally posted by Marky B@Sep 8 2005, 12:10 PM

Tried IMDB?

Ta Ta

Marky B

Just been on there MarkyB - zilch; zippo; nowt!! Does anyone know any of the actors?

Liked
    151 times
    Originally posted by JIM@Sep 8 2005, 02:03 PM

Just been on there MarkyB - zilch; zippo; nowt!! Does anyone know any of the actors?

BFI doc about the changes in society and farming methods, made in the mid 70s.

Time Out says

Here the dead quite literally arise, and an old man follows them into church where, his youth regained, he relives his wedding in a sleepy Suffolk village, now under siege from ice-cream vans, motorcycles and excavators. The film proceeds, within the framework of the old man's working day, slowly and with scrupulous detail, to build a picture of the village as it was in his youth. What separates the movie, however, from a mere wistful lament for happier times, is the way in which its parts cohere around the central conceit that, through memory, the past and present merge to form a bond which proves stronger than death itself

Liked
    0 times
    I attended the school which was featured in the film. I ended up learning how to harvest by hand, eat raw onion, cheese and bread in chunks and being buried alive to 'rise from the dead' with my 'brother'.

I never saw the film at the screening for the cast as I was too embarrassed.

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    4 times
    Requiem For a Village was made in 1975 and was financed by the BFI Experimental Film Fund. Such films as the name suggests were experimental and 'difficult' and had very limited releases. Even the BFI supported Regional Film Theatres were reluctant to take many of them although this film sounds more accessible than most. Details of the film can be founf on the BFI website:- BFI | Film & TV Database | REQUIEM FOR A VILLAGE (1975)