+ Reply to Thread
    Liked
    0 times
    Can anyone help with information about this film "The Happiness Of Three Women"? I know that it was made in 1954 and directed by the great Maurice Elvey. Apparently, he was so pleased with the film that he used it in his lectures. However, I cannot find any record of the producer or studio and I am keen to track down a print for restoration.

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    (Harold Pelham @ Oct 12 2005, 10:10 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

Can anyone help with information about this film "The Happiness Of Three Women"? I know that it was made in 1954 and directed by the great Maurice Elvey. Apparently, he was so pleased with the film that he used it in his lectures. However, I cannot find any record of the producer or studio and I am keen to track down a print for restoration.

[/b]

The IMDb entry for it gives the producer as David Dent and the production company as Advance Productions. No mention of a studio though.

Steve

Super Moderator Country: Scotland
    Liked
    27 times
    The BBc has certain rights to another Advance Production, the John Guillerman directed "Torment".

Liked
    0 times
    (Harold Pelham @ Oct 12 2005, 10:10 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

[/b]
    The distributors for this film were Adelphi. The British Film Catalogue No. is 12025. It may help!!!

Super Moderator Country: Scotland
    Liked
    27 times
    I tried to PM 'Harold Pelham' but to no joy, it could not be sent. Can a moderator forward an email to him?

Liked
    0 times
    Maybe you sent it to "the other" Harold Pelham [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]