In the Bond movie, YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE, I was surprised by one scene -- several, actually, but the actors and camera are all in the same position -- where some U.S. military types almost set off WW3 when they think the Russkies are snatching their space satellite (it's Donald Pleasance, of course.) They're all sitting in chairs, angled slightly above the camera and receding to screen left. Well, you could have cast a 50s British B with these fellows.

Alexander Knox was in centre position, wearing civvies, and he got the most dialogue and close ups (and, strangely, a harsh dubbed American accent), followed by Bill Nagy, in uniform next to him on the right. To Knox's left, was William Sylvester, who barely got any dialogue at all, no close ups. And alongside him, caught in just a faraway glimpse when he stands up, I could swear it was Robert Hutton (though I could be mistaken).

Does anyone know why Knox was dubbed? He had an excellent cultured voice, maybe too subtle for these caricatures. And how did Sylvester, who was still a bit of a name -- and landed a plum role in 2001 around the same time -- get stuck in a part that was no more than an extra?

Nice to see them all together, though.