+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Strange Drama

Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    just a couple of things if anyone can remember them.

the first one is a play that was on ITV in the 70s and the plot was this.

a young couple moved into a farmhouse and started renovating it, the husband discovered something wrong with the wall and knocked it out and found an opening in it with something in it.

after retrieving it it was shown to be a small jar sealed at the end upon opening it they found the remains of a baby.

the rest of it just went on about creepy goings on until the last part of the play when he or his wife comes down stairs and hears a baby crying whereupon she goes in to the fron room and the rocking chair is moving by itself and there is a babys crib at the side of it moving as well with the sound emanating from within i think she faints and then it finishes.

can someone tell me what it was and who made it i'm sure it was a Hammer House of horror story but i can't find any reference to it anywhere it seems to have stuck in my mind all these years and would like to track it down if i could.

the second one i know what it is its a tale of the unexpected.

it starts with a young man looking for lodgings and comes across a house where this old lady invites him in.

he seems freaked out because she has a lot of animals that have been stuffed in her house it turns out she is some sort of taxidermist.

as it goes on he goes to bed and wakes up in the morning unable to move only he can hear and see.

this is when the old lady comes in with a trolley of medical equipment and proceeds to tell him in the nicest possible way that he is going to be next to get stuffed the same as the man in the opposite bed only he will be awake. at this the story ends.

is this available on dvd and if so what is the story called.

hope you can help

Senior Member Country: England aaron's Avatar
    Liked
    1 times
    Tale of the unexpected......

Here it is.... http://www.tv.com/tales-of-the-unexpected/...28/summary.html [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/clapping.gif[/img]

Liked
    0 times
    Many thanks for that i'll have to see if it's available on dvd.

i just hope someone can figure out the other one.

all the best [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]

Liked
    0 times
    The other one is the episode of BEASTS titled 'Baby', ATV, 1976, written by Nigel Kneale. Should hopefully be out on Network DVD in the near future.

Liked
    0 times
    at last that is a question that has bugged me for nearly thirty years.

i was 9 years old when that was broadcast (my dad used to let me watch this sort of stuff and it's never done me any harm)

i have found someone on e-bay selling the series so i think i'll buy it to relive old memories and see if it still scares me.

many thanks for the replies most appreciated

all the best

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Liked
    0 times
    Originally posted by sheriff_bart@Sep 2 2005, 10:35 AM

at last that is a question that has bugged me for nearly thirty years.

i was 9 years old when that was broadcast (my dad used to let me watch this sort of stuff and it's never done me any harm)

i have found someone on e-bay selling the series so i think i'll buy it to relive old memories and see if it still scares me.

many thanks for the replies most appreciated

all the best

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsup.gif[/img]

<div align="right">Quoted post</div>

Thriller was also a very good Seventies series along similar lines, but in my opinion much better than TOTU. Thriller has been recently released as a DVD boxed set.