+ Reply to Thread
    Liked
    0 times
    Here is a suggestion that could run and run

So many films seem to contain dialogs or complete scenes that no sense can be made of and one always says; 'why did they say that? Or, 'What was that scene about'?

I can put forward two complete films that I have copy of and have watched them over and still can't follow the illogical plots

The first is Vicious Circle with John Mills who even finds humour with it himself because he is constantly smiling when he should not be. I feel sure this film was made as a joke.

The second is; Fortune is a Woman with Jack Hawkins (1967) Totally illogical

Super Moderator Country: UK batman's Avatar
    Liked
    255 times
    I nominate my favourite Britfilm The Dark Man. The plot itself is easy to follow and enjoyable and Max's motivations are logical to begin with. You can fully understand why he continues in his task throughout most of the film, but when you get to the final quarter he does something that totally negates what he has been trying to do up to that point. It does make for a very exciting finale though.

Bats.

ps - The Vicious Circle is a favourite of mine too!

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    Where Eagles Dare Never have been able to work out who was who.

Liked
    0 times
    name='Rennie']Where Eagles Dare Never have been able to work out who was who.

Of course this film was made as a joke and Richard Burton said so. When I saw it in the packed cinema the laughter was greater than Its a Mad Mad World

I still fail to count the number of actual bomb packages! Surely to cause such damage would require about one ton.

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    name='john audley']Of course this film was made as a joke and Richard Burton said so. When I saw it in the packed cinema the laughter was greater than Its a Mad Mad World

I still fail to count the number of actual bomb packages! Surely to cause such damage would require about one ton.
    Not just their weight but volume. How do they fit them all into their rucksacks when they're climbing into the castle? With their reel of trip-wire and timer mechanism they were quite bulky packages. But I suppose they carried them the same way as they carried the everlasting ammunition for their machine guns

Steve

Liked
    0 times
    name='Steve Crook']Not just their weight but volume. How do they fit them all into their rucksacks when they're climbing into the castle? With their reel of trip-wire and timer mechanism they were quite bulky packages. But I suppose they carried them the same way as they carried the everlasting ammunition for their machine guns

Steve
    Note that after six million rounds fired Richard Burton receives a slight cut on the hand. They then drop into iced water from 60ft and then survive a plane journey that was previously made clear - had no heating! This having destroyed half the German air force on the ground with the bus.

Best line must be 'I will fire a flare for there isn't a German within five miles (!)

And the radio pack can reach London!

Liked
    0 times
    Peter Greenway's A Zed and Two Noughts is even less comprehensible than most of his films the most puzzling part being why Jim Davidson is in it!

Lost Highway makes not one iota of sense but then its a David Lynch film and he tends to make a virtue out of lack of logic :-)

Liked
    0 times
    name='dogstar']Peter Greenway's A Zed and Two Noughts is even less comprehensible than most of his films the most puzzling part being why Jim Davidson is in it!

Lost Highway makes not one iota of sense but then its a David Lynch film and he tends to make a virtue out of lack of logic :-)

Ho dearmy daughter has pestered me to by a copy of Lost Highway for her this Christmas - I haven't seen the film.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    69 times
    name='cletus awreetus']I have difficulty following plots, period!

Same here with the Scooby Doo programmes

Ta Ta

Marky B

Super Moderator Country: UK batman's Avatar
    Liked
    255 times
    name='Marky B']Same here with the Scooby Doo programmes

Ta Ta

Marky B

I'll get The Boy Wonder to PM you .... he's a Scooby Doo expert!

Bats.

Member Country: Djibouti
    Liked
    0 times
    name='john audley']Ho dearmy daughter has pestered me to by a copy of Lost Highway for her this Christmas - I haven't seen the film.

Don't worry, I think Lost Highway makes it's own kind of sense in much the same way as Eraserhead and Twin Peaks did. Logic isn't the only possible source of dramatic development / coherence and plenty of good movies have been based on that fact.

Senior Member Country: England smiffy's Avatar
    Liked
    10 times
    name='Steve Crook']Not just their weight but volume. How do they fit them all into their rucksacks when they're climbing into the castle? With their reel of trip-wire and timer mechanism they were quite bulky packages. But I suppose they carried them the same way as they carried the everlasting ammunition for their machine guns

Steve

Oh Dear , I feel the same way as when I found out there was no Santa

My first viewing of this was on it's release at the cinema on a famous smith family outing to the flicks , my brothers and I talked about it for days ,so there must be some explanation for the implausible points you have raised.

I am sure the explosives were of the Ultra light new technology kind ,and weren't the guns they were firing German ? very efficient and held more ammo than normal . The Radio messages must have been relayed via repeater stations surely they would have thought of that ?

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    6 times
    name='smiffy'] Contains spoilers don't read if you are under 10

Hello, where'd all those 9 year old boy scouts come from suddenly?