+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 2713

Thread: Have a Chat

Liked
    67 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wadsy View Post
    Well done Ray, your'e a marvel. Put your feet up for a bit mate!!

Thanks wadsy, I am meeting my running mate for a celebratory drink at lunch time, and then it will be feet up for the rest of the day!

Senior Member Country: Australia ShirlGirl's Avatar
    Liked
    199 times
    Congratulations, Ray, very well done! I hope your aching legs will have recovered by the time you read this!

Liked
    67 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ShirlGirl View Post
    Congratulations, Ray, very well done! I hope your aching legs will have recovered by the time you read this!
    Thanks Shirl, I'm having a lovely lazy day, still aching, but it's getting easier. I'll have another day off tomorrow, and might be back in the gym on Wednesday!

Senior Member Country: United States torinfan's Avatar
    Liked
    71 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray View Post
    Well, it turned out to be a good investment wadsy. My friends called for me at 5.15 this morning, and we were running by 6am. We had only planned to run a Half Marathon, but as it is called The 50 Mile Challenge, everyone can run as long as they want, some guys run the full 50 miles.

We decided early on that we were going to try and attempt to run for longer this year. It was really tough after 16 miles when the heavens opened and we got soaked to the skin. My friend completed the full marathon in 4 hours, 40 minutes, it took me another two hours, but then I am 25 years older than him.

Here is the certificate and medal I received at the end of the run, I hope to post some photo's as soon as my friends send them. I tottered home and soaked in the bath for an hour. I am taking it easy for the next few days, even having a break from the gym, but I might go for a gentle swim tomorrow to ease my aching muscles.

Congratulations on your run, Ray!

Liked
    67 times
    Quote Originally Posted by torinfan View Post
    Congratulations on your run, Ray!
    Thanks torinfan, I would normally be in the gym by this time, but I am having another day of leisure, and without even a twinge of concience!

Liked
    67 times
    Here is the only photo from Sundays run that I will show anyone, the other of me arriving at the finishing line after 26 miles is not a pretty sight, and certainly not for public display!

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Mark O's Avatar
    Liked
    202 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray View Post
    Here is the only photo from Sundays run that I will show anyone, the other of me arriving at the finishing line after 26 miles is not a pretty sight, and certainly not for public display!
    Nice pic Ray, maybe a pic from the run will be in a local paper?

Liked
    67 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark O View Post
    Nice pic Ray, maybe a pic from the run will be in a local paper?
    They didn't cover the run Mark, but they are doing a follow up to their last article as we all ran twice the length we originally planned to do. They are using this photo as the guy on the right wasn't available for the first interview and photo.

Today I applied to take part in another Marathon on Saturday July 30th. This is called "The Ultra", and takes place in the park just around the corner, and every participant has to run around the park 40 times. They now have the full amount of runners but advised me to get there at 8am as some of them may not turn up. I'll let you know what happens, it will certainly be convenient as it is a three minute walk away, and won't be far to stagger home!
    Last edited by Ray; 20-07-11 at 11:24 PM.

Senior Member Country: Australia wadsy's Avatar
    Liked
    40 times
    Great article Freddy, thanks for posting it!

Liked
    71 times
    I've been so busy with my new job I've not had time to go to the gym. In fact, I just joined that elite group of employed individuals who get to take their work home with them. AKA "homework."

Senior Member Country: UK Freddy's Avatar
    Liked
    243 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wadsy View Post
    Great article Freddy, thanks for posting it!
    Pleasure, one of my favourite blogs.

In the meantime this is an unedited description of a watch for sale on ebay wonderful.

Mens Pop White Storm Watch | eBay

If you want to look like an offensively rich footballer at fraction of the cost take a look at this bad boy. This rather delicious watch for the sportier men among you was given to me by my idiot of an ex girlfriend, who by the way ended up in bed last Thursday with Steve. Steve, for your information, is not me.

The watch has a trustworthy and comforting rubber strap, in white, which is more than you can say for my girlfriend who can't be trusted for five seconds and is about as comforting as having a lung removed. The face is clear and consistent white with simple minimalist design however my girlfriends face is covered in freckles, fake tan and has an unsightly mole just under her right eye.

This item is presented in a red gift box and is powered by a Storm battery but I no longer have the box or the instructions, still could be worse, my girlfriend unfortunately no longer has anywhere to live.

Unfortunately I have only worn this watch twice since she purchased it for me - Oh how extravagant of her -"Oh what gift can I buy my boyfriend, I know. I'll go to Covent Garden to the Storm shop and buy him a watch but come home with 12 pairs of shoes for myself and a 3 Grand Breitling for Steve" By the way she also has big feet. Size 9. On a woman, yes that's what I said she should be in the circus. "Roll up Roll up for the incredible big footed lady with a hairy eye wart"

I was going to ask Steve if after eating my girlfriend's body in front of me, he might want to purchase the watch. I also then offered him my girlfriends thrush pessaries from the bathroom cabinet. He declined both politely and drove off in his Grey 2002 plate Ford Focus - LX. Grey like his personality, complexion and most of his hair.

So as Mr Grey and Sasquatch Mole Eye wander off happily holding hands, I will be withholding all the items remotely connected to our relationship in escrow and sending them romantically on their way to eBay.

PS - As Steve is actually my boss and I punched him hard in the face and subsequently do not have a job, the revenue from the sale of these items will go toward feeding myself and my poor cat Judy, who sadly lost her tail and one of her legs in a lathe accident.

Senior Member Country: United States MonicaMC's Avatar
    Liked
    3 times
    I haven't seen a cat, much less petted one since Wednesday the week before this one! I've met a dog or two in town and one earlier today in Warwick, but no cats.

Where are they hiding? Or does every cat in the UK have a responsible owner that keeps him or her inside or in a private garden?

Liked
    199 times
    All cats should be kept inside a private garden. Dogs too.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    150 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ShirlGirl View Post
    All cats should be kept inside a private garden.
    Oh, please - do tell us how you would do that!

Senior Member Country: Spain Rowdon's Avatar
    Liked
    143 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dame Starry View Post
    I find shooting them with tranquilisers from my upstairs window several times a day normally does the trick.

Liked
    199 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dame Starry View Post
    Have a walled garden or some kind of fence with no gaps for the horrid litle creatures to escape through and put broken glass or barbed wire coils all around the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowdon View Post
    I find shooting them with tranquilisers from my upstairs window several times a day normally does the trick.
    Now that's a good solution, Rowdon - but real bullets would be even better!

Senior Member Country: UK Mr Sloane's Avatar
    Liked
    239 times
    I think you'll find it's safer to let the cat out.

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MonicaMC View Post
    Or does every cat in the UK have a responsible owner that keeps him or her inside or in a private garden?
    Cats don't have owners. Nobody ever owns a cat. You just agree to let It live in your house and eat your food

Steve

Liked
    71 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Crook View Post
    Cats don't have owners. Nobody ever owns a cat. You just agree to let It live in your house and eat your food

Steve
    Isn't that the truth.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us