+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member Country: England mrs_emma_peel's Avatar
    Liked
    155 times
    Jerome K Jerome - Three Men in a Boat
    BBC Radio4 Extra debut ... Episode 2 ... Sunday 26th February 2012 ... 7.00-7.30pm
    Episode One available on BBCiPlayer ...

I caught this adaptation quite by chance and it really is the very best adaptation/performance I've ever heard of the funniest book I've ever read. Jeremy Nicholas performs the hilarious tale ... with style, verve and panache in his one-man show in front of a live audience ... of George, Harris and J (with Montmorency - the dog) as they hope for a peaceful, relaxing holiday ... as they travel by boat along the beautiful River Thames from Kingston to Oxford ... what could possibly go wrong ?

To begin with, they cannot find a train to take them to their starting point of Kingston ...

The recollection of a tale of an apparently innocuous trip to Hampton Court Maze, an apparent certain knowledge of how, to quite easily, negotiate the maze - manages to cause major logistical problems for Harris and his cousin as they become hopelessly lost with an increasingly frustrated and dangerous looking crowd of maze-followers, is absolutely delightful ...

Episode 2/3 ...
    A tin of pineapple takes on a starring role ... as the Jerome's tale of a holiday on the Thames continues ...
    how difficult could it be to open a tin of pinapple ?

Jeremy Nicholas's splendid performance evokes the gentle spirit and inspired humour of this Victorian masterpiece. I can thoroughly recommend spending a lovely uplifting half-hour listening to ... and enjoying ... an absolutely superb version of Jerome K Jerome's timeless classic. Wonderful!

BBC iPlayer - Three Men in a Boat: Episode 1
    Emma
    Last edited by mrs_emma_peel; 20-02-12 at 04:53 AM.

Senior Member Country: Ireland Nimuae's Avatar
    Liked
    34 times
    I missed that - will have to pick it up on iplayer - thanks for the link. I have the DVD version with Jimmy Edwards, David Tomlinson and Lawrence Harvey - it is a good one to watch if you are feeling a little down !
    Last edited by Nimuae; 20-02-12 at 07:56 AM. Reason: Spelling mistake !

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs_emma_peel View Post
    Jerome K Jerome - Three Men in a Boat
    BBC Radio4 Extra debut ... Episode 2 ... Sunday 26th February 2012 ... 7.00-7.30pm
    Episode One available on BBCiPlayer ...

To begin with, they cannot find a train to take them to their starting point of Kingston ...
    They should have checked Kingston station's web site

Steve