+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Senior Member Country: United States will.15's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    While true then celebrities never die in threes because you never get three biggies dying in close proximity. It is always by counting a lesser but familiar name. Michael Gough was a very well known character actor even before being cast as Alfred because of his association with Hammer horror movies. And he actually starred in some movies.

Liked
    0 times
    Geraldine Ferraro died. She was a celebrity also. By my count that makes four in close proximity. The threes are coming pretty fast.

Senior Member Country: Ireland jimw1's Avatar
    Liked
    396 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ShirlGirl View Post
    Michael Gough was a character actor and hardly what you would call a celebrity and as world famous as Jane Russell, Elizabeth Taylor or Zsa Zsa Gabor!
    Very True Shirl well said

Liked
    0 times
    Look at previous celebrity threes. They are not all super big names ever. Batman put Gough as big as celebrities included on previous lists of threes.

Senior Member Country: Australia ShirlGirl's Avatar
    Liked
    199 times
    Quote Originally Posted by will.15 View Post
    Geraldine Ferraro died. She was a celebrity also. By my count that makes four in close proximity. The threes are coming pretty fast.
    Look at previous celebrity threes. They are not all super big names ever. Batman put Gough as big as celebrities included on previous lists of threes.
    Character actors and politicians are celebrities?....

If you say so, Will....

....but I think it's pretty obvious that Zsa Zsa only meant stars of Hollywood's "Golden Age".

Liked
    0 times
    The die in threes belief doesn't involve three big stars dying widely apart from each other. It is supposed to be three celebrities dying close to each other. On previous "die in three" lists you have Gary Coleman, Ed McMahon and that sort. Besides, Zsa Zsa is a star of sorts because of who she married and her personality, which made her a staple of talk shows. She was never a movie star. Even in her best movie, Moulin Rogue, she had a supporting role. The rare time she had a starring role it was in Queen from Outer Space.

Senior Member Country: Australia ShirlGirl's Avatar
    Liked
    199 times
    The die in threes belief doesn't involve three big stars dying widely apart from each other. It is supposed to be three celebrities dying close to each other. On previous "die in three" lists you have Gary Coleman, Ed McMahon and that sort. Besides, Zsa Zsa is a star of sorts because of who she married and her personality, which made her a staple of talk shows. She was never a movie star. Even in her best movie, Moulin Rogue, she had a supporting role. The rare time she had a starring role it was in Queen from Outer Space.
    Seeing as you think it's such a big deal, perhaps you should drop her a line pointing out how deluded she is!

Liked
    0 times
    I have nothing against her. I like her. I have letters she wrote, good ones she write to her publicist. I posted one earlier in this thread. If she was such a big star I wouldn't have been able to afford them. They went real cheap on ebay, most of them around the price of an autographed photo of a contemporary starlet. A similar letter from Taylor would have gone for at least a hundred times that.

Liked
    0 times
    Zsa Zsa can breathe easier now because if you discount Michael Gough as the third celebrity after Taylor and Russell, certainly Farley Granger fits the bill.

Liked
    0 times

Senior Member Country: Europe Bernardo's Avatar
    Liked
    13 times
    She was in the celeb culture of my teenage, a sort of fluent Katie Price with style and verve as well as the husbands. (She boasted how well she did at 'house-keeping').