+ Reply to Thread
    Member Country: Italy
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi,
    I'm Chribio from Italy.
    I have a very difficult question for you,too!
    In various forum i asked about it but no-one helps me in the right way.
    I remembered in an Italian tv Rai television maybe in 1979-'81 not after a horror or fantasy or sci-fi tv series with a mechanical/metallic owl inside it.
    I remembered maybe a house or castle,a pendulum clock,a childrens (maybe) & an old steward maybe behind the owl.
    The owl is fat (not so much) darkly & maybe had magician powers with the eyes that maybe shining something with red colours that maybe stop the time or some other thing!
    Always i remembered a Victorian style all around & surely in color style not b/n,too.
    In my three years of research i'm sure that was not:The phoenix & the carpet (yes,there was the children's and a phoenix but my bird was darkly not golden & the movement was so slow than the phoenix).
    Not "Ace of wands","hammer stories","tales & mysteries",no "the enchanted castle" i saw all the episodes on youtube but i saw a real owl not mechanic.
    But i don't know something for series like "Shadows" or "Sky",too...that MAYBE are with similar things and mysteryes too.
    I'm sure that the series was made in 1975-'79 & programming on tv not after 1981.
    I know that is very difficult question but maybe this is the final chance to understand something about it,'cause i'm not the only one that remembered this OWL ...i know (by net) another man that remembered it!!!
    Maybe the tv series was by the Thames english tv!
    Thanks for helping me!
    Bye & see you soon...i hope!

p.s.:
    Sorry for my English,i love the language too much but was not so much times i write in English,unfortunately...i hope you understand all !

now i post some similar pieces from youtube that is near what i remember ,so mystery & strange!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0DIp...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMmMq...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCrBO...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-5Bb...eature=related

If someone helps me,very thanks.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    Is it the one from the film Clash Of The Titans, see here:
    clash of the titans owl - Google Search

Liked
    0 times
    Is quite similar but not this.
    tomorrow i'll write something about it.

Liked
    0 times
    Well,
    the movement & other things recall to "The phoenix & the carpet" story & "The clash of the titans" movie,too...but usually in other Italian blogs I put an avatar like this for understand to the people what I mean!!!
    Then,if after we examine the fly of the owl when it opened wings is similar to this one

Liked
    0 times
    Someone in Italian blogs tolds me that is similar (the face) to this one .

Always that person talks to me that the owl that remembered very well she& her friend,it talking and it had red eyes but not focused always light red but sometimes in especially occasions but they remembered when it happened!!!
    When they saw the tv series with this Owl,they were scarred & fascinated about it but always in the air they breathing an incredible mysterious inside them (like me,too),more darkly than horror movie.
    Two weeks ago I found in another English blog (Do you remember?) a person that 1 year ago wrote this:
    "70s-80s kids tv prog inc a metallic talking bird"
    "Hi, have been discussing old tv progs and someone asked what the name of the metalic bird was in a 70s or 80s kids tv program. a few of us seemed to remember it was made up of metal feathers, its head moved and it may have been french. and its not Proffessor Yaffle."
    "I am not sure if the bird was sat on a counter or a bar top?"
    "this particluar bird had big feathers more like fish scales, its head moved and it could talk, and if i am correct it was an oily blue colour."

But noone in the site has a good answer about the question.
    I want to make understand that the things about the big feathers more like fish scales, its head moved and it could talk, and if i am correct it was an oily blue colour,was like my memories but never before I can't explain very well 'cause for me was difficult to write in English this things (so much inside the language...!!!) sorry!!!
    For now it's all that I can write about the owl,too !
    Thanks a lot again.

Liked
    0 times
    but I thought,
    if it could be possible that the series "hammer stories","tales & mysteries","Sky","Shadows" or similar was in effective one of these,too??!!
    Someone,can remember where it could be the Owl inside?
    Thanks!

Liked
    0 times
    Anyone has a new idea ??!!

Senior Member Country: UK Freddy's Avatar
    Liked
    243 times
    Was going to suggest some links to other websites but notice you have them all covered.

Best wishes in your search.

Paul
    Last edited by Freddy; 15-02-12 at 12:24 AM.

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    1 times
    I was going to suggest this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCE-1...feature=relmfu but I think you have eliminated it.

Senior Member Country: UK Moor Larkin's Avatar
    Liked
    120 times
    I was googling the other day and there seem to be several forums now seeking this odd bird......

This one seemed the pick of the bunch: http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question...3055821AAr4nQ3

Senior Member Country: Europe Bernardo's Avatar
    Liked
    13 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chribio View Post
    Anyone has a new idea ??!!
    A character in Bagpus comes to mind.

Senior Member Country: England Tonch's Avatar
    Liked
    98 times
    Three complete long shots really, but here goes...

1. Dear old Sage the owl from "The Herbs" had an almost scaly/metallic look about him, and certainly there was a rather "Victorian" feel to the herb garden:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn8IRqQfhaI

2. Not an owl, but the iron chicken from "The Clangers" certainly ticks both the 'metallic bird' and "Space" (Sci Fi?) boxes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfsMZKwqw3w

3. I'm unclear as to whether the programme in question is animated or features live actors. If the latter, might we then consider the Polyphase Avatron from "The Pirate Planet" episode of "Doctor Who". More of a robot parrot than an owl perhaps - but with the round "eyes", the glow, and the metallic body and wings... also a sci fi show from the right era and the bird has a "steward" of sorts behind it (the Pirate Captain):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR9v-pZ5Vyk

Hope at least one of those is the answer; if not then good luck with your quest!

Liked
    0 times
    Sorry me but I had forgot my quest here !
    So,this isn't a Children Program with Puppets,people inside a costume or strange bird like in "The Herbs" or "Clangers" or "Bagpuss" or other similar things.
    In this months I've found a program called "Raven" that in 1 episode saw on youtube ,I saw an eagle or some similar bird that has a flashing green eyes with power in the eyes but unfortunately (after I asking to someone about this Program) tolds me that this isn't the right way.
    I don't remembered if this owl was in 1 episode or in various episodes (maybe always in the series),but it was very mixing to "The phoenix & the carpet" & "Clash of the titans-Bubo" ;now I put an avatar sometimes I used for explain my "theory" !
    This one:
    owl.jpeg