+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked
    151 times
    http://www.horrorchannel.co.uk/artic...p?feature=5026

Hammer Comes To The Horror Channel This October.
    By James Whittington
    Posted in: Features, Saturday 10th Sep 2011
    Share:

Scars Of Dracula The name Hammer is synonymous with quality, bloody and very British horror and during October the Horror Channel is celebrating its legacy with a season of its finest movies all with exclusive introductions from Kim Newman.

You'll find Dracula, Baron Frankenstein, a Mummy, the walking dead and a sinister curse.

All movies start at 11.10pm and keep checking the site as there's more to come from the house of Hammer here on the Horror Channel.

Scars Of Dracula - October 1st
    The blood-sucking Hammer horror from 1970, Scars Of Dracula kicks off our season in style. Starring Christopher Lee, Dennis Waterman, Jenny Hanley and Patrick Troughton it concerns a young man and his girlfriend who travel to Dracula's imposing mountain top castle in search of his brother who disappeared in mysterious circumstances. What will they discover? Directed by Roy Ward Baker this fifth Hammer Dracula movie is one of the best.

Frankenstein Created Woman - October 8th
    Peter Cushing gives an outstanding performance in Frankenstein Created Woman on the 8th. Baron Frankenstein is reanimated by his colleague Dr. Hertz and gets to work bringing a young maiden back to life using the twisted soul of an executed man. Directed by Terence Fisher this 1967 movie from Hammer took the series (to which this was the third entry) in a new direction but lost none of its impact.

Blood From The Mummy's Tomb - October 15th
    Tomb-raiding terror from Hammer as we dare you to witness Blood From The Mummy's Tomb. The discovery of the preserved remains of an evil Egyptian Queen sparks the transformation of a voluptuous young woman into a 'yummy mummy' with a thirst for murder. Andrew Keir and the voluptuous Valerie Leon lead a cast that journey to a place (the Mummy genre) Hammer should have visited more often.

Plague Of The Zombies - October 22nd
    Hammer's Plague Of Zombies is an unforgettable tale of dread making you wish they’d made more movies about the shuffling undead. When a plague spreads through a Cornish village it is discovered that the victims' graves are empty and a deranged Squire dabbling in black magic has an army of zombies!

The Reptile - October 29th
    The Reptile (which was shot at the same time as Plague Of Zombies) is a chilling piece from Hammer with a tight script and cracking direction from John Gilling. A couple move to a Cornish village where it becomes apparent that locals are being killed by a snake-like creature and their neighbour harbours a sickening secret.

Senior Member Country: Ireland Edward G's Avatar
    Liked
    107 times
    Thanks for the nod, DB7.
    At last, something to watch on the Horror channel.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    109 times
    Hi,
    I do not know the full facts and figures; or if it is being presented privately; or in conjunction with Hemel Hempstead Movie Makers, of which I am a member or not. But we do have a member; who has been a film projectionist, an employee of MGM and has worked for British Transpoert Films. I gather he is presenting an afternoon giving a talk on Hammer Films. I understand he is also showing film clips, and later will be showing a film. I know that it will be on Saturday November 26th in the hall at the Back of The Carey Baptist Church, opposite The Civic Centre and next to The Hemel Hempstead Gazette. I understand it will start at 2pm. I am not sure much beyond that.

I will come back when I know more details, just in case anyone is interested, and is in a position to come along to Hemel Hempstead.

Alan French.

Senior Member Country: England mrs_emma_peel's Avatar
    Liked
    155 times
    Many thanks for the excellent info and link DB7
    I remember reading the novelisation of the movie The Scars of Dracula and being quite impressed with both book and film. I'm a great fan of Andrew Keir; and it will be lovely to see spectacularly voluptuous, statuesque 5ft 10ins Valerie Leon as the Egyptian Queen in Blood From The Mummy's Tomb.

Hope they have the rights to show five of my favourie Hammer Horror films: The Abominable Snowman (1957), the original 1958 Dracula, Quatermas and the Pit (1967), The Devil Rides Out (1968), Frankenstein Must Be Destroyed (1969) and Dr Jekyll and Sister Hyde (1971).

Quatermas and the Pit (1967)

The Devil Rides Out (1968)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VE77...eature=related

Emma
    Last edited by mrs_emma_peel; 18-09-11 at 05:58 AM.

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    94 times
    Captain Clegg would be my addition.

Liked
    151 times
    As a bonus The Hammer House of Horror episodes are accompanying the showings.

Liked
    7 times
    As a bonus The Hammer House of Horror episodes are accompanying the showings.
    Do you mean the Hammer House of Horror TV series episodes or the World of Hammer documentary episodes?

Liked
    151 times
    Quote Originally Posted by m35541 View Post
    Do you mean the Hammer House of Horror TV series episodes or the World of Hammer documentary episodes?
    Tv series.

Senior Member Country: UK Paul Waines's Avatar
    Liked
    29 times
    I'm not sure Bonus is the word I'd use for the T.V. Series...

Senior Member Country: England markrgv's Avatar
    Liked
    14 times
    This Saturday there are two episodes of the Hammer House of Horror series, followed by Scars of Dracula, followed by a rare showing of Fright (1971)

Liked
    129 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Waines View Post
    Really?!? It is great. GREAT!!!!!!!!!!

Senior Member Country: UK didi-5's Avatar
    Liked
    191 times
    Yay for the TV series and the selection of films. And I also hope Dr Jekyll and Sister Hyde gets a showing. Rasputin the Mad Monk would be fun to see again too.

Senior Member Country: England jaycad's Avatar
    Liked
    100 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Waines View Post
    No-I'd have used the word 'classic'!

Senior Member Country: England wideboy's Avatar
    Liked
    3 times
    Just found this comment on another forum re the showing of the Hammer films on the HC: "How about getting them out on blu-ray instead of a channel no-one watches?"

What a misery - some people are never satisfied.

Liked
    100 times
    I recently recorded 'The Blood Beast Terror' via Sky+ on the Horror Channel but the recording was fraught with problems such as loss of audio,freezing and jumping to and fro! Has anyone else experienced any problems with this channel?

Liked
    129 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wideboy View Post
    Just found this comment on another forum re the showing of the Hammer films on the HC: "How about getting them out on blu-ray instead of a channel no-one watches?"

What a misery - some people are never satisfied.
    I agree. Don't hide them on some rubbish channel. C'mon Hammer!!!!!!!!

Senior Member Country: England sidney bliss's Avatar
    Liked
    48 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jaycad View Post
    I recently recorded 'The Blood Beast Terror' via Sky+ on the Horror Channel but the recording was fraught with problems such as loss of audio,freezing and jumping to and fro! Has anyone else experienced any problems with this channel?
    No, can't say I have -although my visits to this channel are some what limited but watched TONY: London Serial Killer with no problems.

Senior Member Country: England wideboy's Avatar
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy_Lea View Post
    I agree. Don't hide them on some rubbish channel. C'mon Hammer!!!!!!!!
    Not everyone wants to spend a fortune buying films they'll only watch once or twice. I'm just glad they're getting an airing on a channel which shows them in the correct format.

And sorry, Jaycad, but no problems recording from the HC here

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    94 times
    The only problem I've encountered with the Horror Channel was wasting time watching "It" with Roddy McDowell this afternoon !!
    Quote Originally Posted by jaycad View Post

Liked
    100 times
    Cheers 'Sidney Bliss' and 'Cassidy' for your replies-it seems that my Sky+ is due a 'damned good thrashing!'