+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    2 times
    not content with bringing out the halloween gear in the middle of september or the fireworks for november the 5 th ,which will be closely followed or perhaps run simultaneously with the xmas stuff . i was in a major supermarket yesterday and they already had the eggs and flour and jif lemon for pancake day on the shelves ! masquerading under an isle titled "home baking " . no seriously for a moment do you think they bring these special times of year too forward ? im usually fed up with halloween and xmas way before theyve actually arrived .cant we just leave those times of year till they actually occur ?

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    150 times
    I had pancakes two nights ago with lemon...........lovely they were too; in fact, I often have them through the year, but seldom in February!

DS x.

Liked
    2 times
    name='Dame Starry']I had pancakes two nights ago with lemon...........lovely they were too; in fact, I often have them through the year, but seldom in February!

DS x.

i have a vision of you on xmas day ,eating easter eggs !

Liked
    2 times
    during the summer of 2003 which was quite hot ,they were building some new houses near here .to illustrate the fact that they would be ready for december ,they had a xmas tree outside the showhouse ! in july ! the sun was cracking the pavement and they had a xmas tree up !

Liked
    150 times
    name='davidb']i have a vision of you on xmas day ,eating easter eggs !
    If they didn't wait until New Year's Day to roll them out onto the shelves, I probably would!

DS x.

Liked
    150 times
    name='davidb']during the summer of 2003 which was quite hot ,they were building some new houses near here .to illustrate the fact that they would be ready for december ,they had a xmas tree outside the showhouse ! in july ! the sun was cracking the pavement and they had a xmas tree up !
    Well, that's just silly, isn't it? I bet that confused all the small children who walked past!

DS x.

Liked
    2 times
    the actual times of year that these things are meant to happen would be a great deal more special if they were left to that time of year . to me its the same as gorging yourself on chocolate cake all the time ,its lovely to start with but it would eventually make you sick . if these special times of year become all year round events ,youll get sick of them

Liked
    2 times
    name='Dame Starry']Well, that's just silly, isn't it? I bet that confused all the small children who walked past!

DS x.

well sadly it will ,because without any self discipline ,when they grow up theyll put xmas trees up in april

Liked
    0 times
    I've still got bits of 2008's stuck to the ceiling.

Liked
    150 times
    name='rskershaw']I've still got bits of 2008's stuck to the ceiling.

Don't you mean 2007's?

I am making my Christmas cards at the moment!

DS x.

Liked
    2 times
    it probably annoys me more than the next person because delivering to retail outlets like i do ,ill be delivering xmas gear in august ! in the last couple of weeks ive seen plenty of mince pies .its like that scene in alan partridge where the hotel receptionist asks alan if hed like to reserve a place for xmas dinner ,he replies " but its may !"

Liked
    2 times
    anyway may i be the first to wish everyone a merry xmas and happy new year 2010

Liked
    0 times
    name='Dame Starry']

Don't you mean 2007's?

I really don't know. I'm still waiting for Britmovie to tell me what the correct time is!

Happy Easter.

Senior Member Country: England Maurice's Avatar
    Liked
    9 times
    davidb: if you send cards during the festive season.......

One of the Christmas cards,

produced by Friends of Cathedral Music, this year, is

RIPON CHORISTERS' PANCAKE RACE.

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    name='davidb']it probably annoys me more than the next person because delivering to retail outlets like i do ,ill be delivering xmas gear in august ! in the last couple of weeks ive seen plenty of mince pies .its like that scene in alan partridge where the hotel receptionist asks alan if hed like to reserve a place for xmas dinner ,he replies " but its may !"

So it's all your fault that we see seasonal stuff too early in the shops

Steve

Liked
    2 times
    name='Maurice']davidb: if you send cards during the festive season.......

One of the Christmas cards,

produced by Friends of Cathedral Music, this year, is

RIPON CHORISTERS' PANCAKE RACE.

i give up ! is there one of those yellow smiley things waving a white flag ? there should be

Liked
    418 times
    name='davidb']not content with bringing out the halloween gear in the middle of september or the fireworks for november the 5 th ,which will be closely followed or perhaps run simultaneously with the xmas stuff . i was in a major supermarket yesterday and they already had the eggs and flour and jif lemon for pancake day on the shelves ! masquerading under an isle titled "home baking " .

Most shops would put flour & lemon juice, along with all the other "home baking" ingredients, together on the same shelves. It makes them much easier to find things when you want to bake at home

Flour, eggs and lemon juice aren't only used for pancakes.

Steve

Liked
    2 times
    name='Steve Crook']Most shops would put flour & lemon juice, along with all the other "home baking" ingredients, together on the same shelves. It makes them much easier to find things when you want to bake at home

Steve

again is there one of those smiley things waving a white flag ?

Liked
    150 times
    name='Steve Crook']Most shops would put flour & lemon juice, along with all the other "home baking" ingredients, together on the same shelves. It makes them much easier to find things when you want to bake at home

Steve
    Eggs, flour and lemon juice, IIRC, are all on completely different shelves in the supermarket, Steve.

To display them all together - which I assumed davidb was saying that they had - could only be trying to tempt the customers to make pancakes, surely?

They probably need the shelf space for the Christmas stock to go out next week.

DS x.

Liked
    418 times
    name='Dame Starry']Eggs, flour and lemon juice, IIRC, are all on completely different shelves in the supermarket, Steve.

To display them all together - which I assumed davidb was saying that they had - could only be trying to tempt the customers to make pancakes, surely?

They probably need the shelf space for the Christmas stock to go out next week.

DS x.

Not in my supermarket. Flour and lemon juice are all together in the "home baking" section - Lemon sponge anyone?

Eggs aren't on the same shelf, they're on the one next to the home baking section

Steve