+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Travelling Man

Liked
    0 times
    On a different thread a question was asked by Lomax back in 2006.

No one has answered his query.

His original post below.

Hi Shakey

I know where the location of Harmony is as know the current owner. I did visit a couple of weeks ago and he showed me round, the inside of the boat has not changed at all, it still has the torgem, all the wall plaques and the wall fittings, radio etc. The outside of the boat has been painted differently but I did ask him to paint it back the original colours! Is is moored on the Bridgewater Canal, which is where part of the series was filmed.

Ive also got the Travelling Man soundtrack on CD it is available from Amazon.

Id really like to know where the third series "The Watcher" was filmed, if anyone out there knows which village it is?

Lomax

In answer to your question Lomax, i can inform you that many episodes were filmed around Banbury/Oxford. One place in particular was Claydon and Cropedy just outside Banbury.

The following link will show you where on Google maps.

Cropredy, Banbury, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom - Google Maps

Copy and paste or just enter Cropedy into google maps.

Steve

Liked
    0 times
    name='Laugemsue']On a different thread a question was asked by Lomax back in 2006.

No one has answered his query.

His original post below.

Hi Shakey

I know where the location of Harmony is as know the current owner. I did visit a couple of weeks ago and he showed me round, the inside of the boat has not changed at all, it still has the torgem, all the wall plaques and the wall fittings, radio etc. The outside of the boat has been painted differently but I did ask him to paint it back the original colours! Is is moored on the Bridgewater Canal, which is where part of the series was filmed.

Ive also got the Travelling Man soundtrack on CD it is available from Amazon.

Id really like to know where the third series "The Watcher" was filmed, if anyone out there knows which village it is?

Lomax

In answer to your question Lomax, i can inform you that many episodes were filmed around Banbury/Oxford. One place in particular was Claydon and Cropedy just outside Banbury.

The following link will show you where on Google maps.

Cropredy, Banbury, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom - Google Maps

Copy and paste or just enter Cropedy into google maps.

Steve

Hi steve & lomax The series the watcher was filmed in Withnel Fold in chorley in Lancs and not in wales as it suposes to look. Steve i have researched the program over the years. what part of the series is filmed in banbury ? cheers travellingman.

Liked
    0 times
    name='travellingman']Hi steve & lomax The series the watcher was filmed in Withnel Fold in chorley in Lancs and not in wales as it suposes to look. Steve i have researched the program over the years. what part of the series is filmed in banbury ? cheers travellingman.

I will have to watch it again to name the episodes, they were in the second series, one episode was in Banbury and a second was part filmed at Claydon.

Several people from Kings Sutton and Aynho obtained autographs from some of the stars of the series. One of the episodes if I remember correctly was when he was moored along side a farm.

Liked
    0 times
    name='Laugemsue']I will have to watch it again to name the episodes, they were in the second series, one episode was in Banbury and a second was part filmed at Claydon.

Several people from Kings Sutton and Aynho obtained autographs from some of the stars of the series. One of the episodes if I remember correctly was when he was moored along side a farm.

That will be great steve if you could pin point the episodes they might be the one's i am struggling to locate. cheers travellingman.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    great series, enjoyed watching it again

Junior Member Country: England lomax1's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    I have been studying the locations of the TV series Travellingman for about a year now using google maps, but am still stuck on some locations to add to my map.

If any Travellingman fans out there ( sure im not the only one!) knows where any locations are what are not on my map, please let me know. cheers lomax1.

please see link http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/user?u...49954213626794