+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    7 times
    Does anyone know the location for Trevor's flat in the Victorian house with the turret?

You'd think that with a house name (Sheafield) and number (67) it would be a doddle to find it, but nothing comes up on Google.

The series was filmed around Leeds, so it's likely that Sheafield is in that area. My gut feeling was the various roads leading off either Weetwood Lane or else Otley Road (A660) nearby, but when I drove round there I couldn't see anything that looked right.

PS: I know where Jill's house, the school, the council offices and the church were - as listed in IMDB.

Senior Member Country: New Zealand Anthony McKay's Avatar
    Liked
    6 times
    There are a few big houses like this just off the Otley Road North of Headingly

Liked
    7 times
    name='Anthony McKay']There are a few big houses like this just off the Otley Road North of Headingly
    Someone else who knows Leeds better than I do (though I was born and brought up there) has just identified the house as 67 Clarendon Road, Woodhouse, Leeds LS2 9DR. The house is named Sheafield after the person who founded Leeds Grammar School which was a few streets away until it moved to a new site.

Here are the pictures that he sent me from Google Street View.

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    name='MartinU']Does anyone know the location for Trevor's flat in the Victorian house with the turret?

It was demolished at the start of The Beiderbecke Tapes, that's why Trevor moved in with Jill

There are a few more locations listed on Wikipedia

The Beiderbecke Affair - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well done for finding it. I've added it to Wikipedia and submitted it to the IMDb.

Steve

Liked
    7 times
    name='Steve Crook']It was demolished at the start of The Beiderbecke Tapes, that's why Trevor moved in with Jill
    Ha bloody ha!

name='Steve Crook']There are a few more locations listed on Wikipedia

The Beiderbecke Affair - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well done for finding it. I've added it to Wikipedia and submitted it to the IMDb.

Steve
    Yes, tons of kudos to Trev Milburn, my contact in Leeds who originally got in touch with me to correct some errors in my location list for Stay Lucky (Dennis Waterman, Jan Francis) and we got onto talking about other programmes that had been filmed in Leeds.

I also submitted Clarendon Road to IMDB earlier today - we'll let them sort out the duplicate!

I was about to add it to Wikipedia but I found you'd beaten me to it by a few minutes! So I had to be content with tweaking a few minor errors like the spelling of McAllister. I'll add the extra locations that it mentions to the IMDB entry.

Now all we need to locate is Mr McAllister's house. Follow the aroma of Mrs McA's stroganoff - Helen: "Mother's been up half the night with her stroganoff" / Trevor: "Well, what use is money if you haven't got your health?".

Liked
    418 times
    name='MartinU']I was about to add it to Wikipedia but I found you'd beaten me to it by a few minutes! So I had to be content with tweaking a few minor errors like the spelling of McAllister. I'll add the extra locations that it mentions to the IMDB entry.

Now all we need to locate is Mr McAllister's house. Follow the aroma of Mrs McA's stroganoff - Helen: "Mother's been up half the night with her stroganoff" / Trevor: "Well, what use is money if you haven't got your health?".

There's someone on Wikipedia (user Chilkoot) who grew up around there and still lives in that area and who has said they'll hunt out a few more locations. They tried to add the Alderman What's-His-Name Playing Fields to The Beiderbecke Tapes - but I corrected that, pointing out that the football match was in Affair, not in Tapes, and that it was already recorded for Affair. They thanked me for that gentle correction and said they'd try to hunt down some of the other missing ones

It's good that they're being released in the States at last. I gave a copy of the trilogy boxed set to Martin Scorsese as an example of a near perfect TV series

Steve

Liked
    1 times
    You gave a copy to Scorsese !! How's that for name dropping ;-)

Liked
    418 times
    name='PS68060']You gave a copy to Scorsese !! How's that for name dropping ;-)

Steve

Liked
    7 times
    name='PS68060']You gave a copy to Scorsese !! How's that for name dropping ;-)

I thought the same thought: some people move in different social circles to me.

Any feedback from him as to what he thought of it?

Liked
    418 times
    name='MartinU']I thought the same thought: some people move in different social circles to me.

Any feedback from him as to what he thought of it?
    Well I saw Thelma Schoonmaker again on Wednesday (I know, more name dropping) and she said they'd been too busy finishing off Shutter Island and doing a few other things to have looked at it yet. But they were both very interested in what I said about it, knowing that I don't recommend rubbish, so she said they'd try to watch some of it soon.

And as we know, as soon as you've seen some of it, you're hooked

Steve