+ Reply to Thread
    Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    0 times
    My first post so please be kind

A little info, the house was a wreck and had a false side fitted with false windows looking out to see, curtains and flowers in the windows were fake.

The car went of the edge of someone's garden, they put scaffold bars into the ground to tip it and paid 50 to the owner of the garden.

The remains of the car are still on the beach, sadly under the mud from cliff falls now, I believe they must have cut much of the body off the car and took that away and dragged the remains nearer the cliff. The heavy items such as the engine, chassis, gearbox,axles and wheels were left on the beach.

As children we went into the wreck of a station, it had all sorts still left in, shame really, would have be worth something these days.

My friend sold the station masters house last year, it had a nice kitchen, sadly it wasn't like the TV house inside, I believe looking at that its a film set.

Many locations were also filmed in Workington so if anyone from Cumbria would like to chip in with some pics that would be great

Senior Member Country: UK isbright's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    Welcome. Very nice pics and good angle-matching.

Perhaps we should start a 'then-and-now' club?

Regards, Ian.

Liked
    0 times
    Thanks Ian, funny enough I was just on your website, wow great work there, not seen that film.

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    name='thirtysomething']My first post so please be kind
    The first pair look like a then & now. But I think that the others are really Now & Then. Or did you roll a car over that cliff?

Steve

Liked
    0 times
    lol cheers, didn't spot that

If I can do some more I'll get them the right way around

Senior Member Country: England earlb's Avatar
    Liked
    15 times
    I can only reiterate what the others have said 30+ . Wonderful posting. Congrats.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    7 times
    Nice evocative images. Shame about the vandalism involved in wrecking that old Vauxhall. Even if it were in poor condition, there are so few left that someone might have restored it.

Liked
    0 times
    Thanks guys, my camera has no zoom so can't get the same shots, plus on the day I took the station pics I had a few people watching me so I didn't lay down beside the track to get the low angle just incase they thought I was

Senior Member Country: UK isbright's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    name='thirtysomething']Thanks Ian, funny enough I was just on your website, wow great work there, not seen that film.

Thanks for that thirtysomething. A labour of love, many years in the making, and still not quite done yet . Off to do some more photoshoots at the weekend...

Regards, Ian.

Liked
    0 times
    name='isbright']Thanks for that thirtysomething. A labour of love, many years in the making, and still not quite done yet . Off to do some more photoshoots at the weekend...

Regards, Ian.

I'll be looking forward to the new pics, best then and now I have ever seen on your website, the one where you see him going into the back door of that building and how it is now is really something else