+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Country: Scotland
    Liked
    0 times
    What happened to the Baker Street set at Granada Studios in Manchester. Was it demolished ?

Senior Member Country: England jaycad's Avatar
    Liked
    100 times
    name='jamiestuart']What happened to the Baker Street set at Granada Studios in Manchester. Was it demolished ?

it was turned into a street set for f*****g coronation street!

Senior Member Country: UK HammerDave's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    name='jaycad']it was turned into a street set for f*****g coronation street!
    Really? Oh, that's very depressing.

Liked
    100 times
    [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Granada_Studios_Tour]Granada Studios Tour - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Senior Member Country: UK didi-5's Avatar
    Liked
    191 times
    The set for the Granada Holmes used to be next to that for the Street, although when you did the tour you couldn't walk down it. Since the tours ended it has been rumoured that the set was used for the recent Guy Ritchie Holmes but I can't be sure about that.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    Quite bit of Guy Ritchie's movie was shot in Liverpool.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    1 times
    Baker Street was still there in the mid 90s, I was on the Coronation Street set (the actual street) and I saw it.

BTW, Coronation Street is rumoured to be moving to the studio next to the Lowry Theatre, Salford Quay (Media City? or something like that.)

Senior Member Country: Europe Bernardo's Avatar
    Liked
    13 times
    Holmes afficinados may like to visit the BBC 7 Listen Again page a there are a series of well produced 1950's 30 minute SH dramas sited there and pass a reasonable hour or two while on the forum. Look for:-Sherlock Holmes with Carleton Hobbs episodes

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbc7/listenagain

Super Moderator Country: UK batman's Avatar
    Liked
    255 times
    name='Trevor']Baker Street was still there in the mid 90s, I was on the Coronation Street set (the actual street) and I saw it.

BTW, Coronation Street is rumoured to be moving to the studio next to the Lowry Theatre, Salford Quay (Media City? or something like that.)

The production of Sherlock Holmes ran until 1994 and for a few years after that it was incuded in the Granada Tour until the tour stopped. It was only then that 'Baker Street' was absobed into the Corrie set.

Junior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    This gives you a good idea of what episodes were fimed where :)

Sherlock Holmes TV Locations

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    Some of the scenes from certain episodes were filmed at the Droylsden Moravian Settlement , I saw some of it being done, I remember seeing Eileen Atkins getting her fags out of her bag during a break she was still in her Victorian costume. Didnt see Jeremy Brett.

Liked
    100 times
    name='philip hindley']Some of the scenes from certain episodes were filmed at the Droylsden Moravian Settlement , I saw some of it being done, I remember seeing Eileen Atkins getting her fags out of her bag during a break she was still in her Victorian costume. Didnt see Jeremy Brett.

i can't remember eileen atkins being in any episode? i may be wrong though!

Liked
    0 times
    name='jaycad']i can't remember eileen atkins being in any episode? i may be wrong though!
    I think I may be wrong, I wasnt sure, it was someone of her age the episode in question was where some villain was chased across a rooftop which I am sure was one of the scenes filmed there .I am sure that this was probably the last series ever filmed . So that will get nearer to answering my query about this?

Liked
    100 times
    the only episode i can think of which involves people on the roof is the 'red circle'

"The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes" The Red Circle (1994)

Senior Member Country: England billy farmer's Avatar
    Liked
    308 times
    I saw many props from The Sherlock Holmes Granada Series when i visited Baker Street in 2002, i could scan the photographs that were taken and post them on this Thread for anyone interested in seeing them.

Liked
    100 times
    name='billy farmer']I saw many props from The Sherlock Holmes Granada Series when i visited Baker Street in 2002, i could scan the photographs that were taken and post them on this Thread for anyone interested in seeing them.

i'd be interested in seeing them!

Liked
    0 times
    name='jaycad']i can't remember eileen atkins being in any episode? i may be wrong though!
    is it Anna Massey? I only saw her from a distance on the set?

Liked
    100 times
    name='philip hindley']is it Anna Massey? I only saw her from a distance on the set?

i don't think anna massey has appeared either? it could have been rosalie crutchley who appeared in 'the norwood builder' but going by pictures of the droylesden moravian settlement i'm convinced that the episode was 'the red circle'!

Liked
    0 times
    name='philip hindley']I think I may be wrong, I wasnt sure, it was someone of her age the episode in question was where some villain was chased across a rooftop which I am sure was one of the scenes filmed there .I am sure that this was probably the last series ever filmed . So that will get nearer to answering my query about this?
    maybe it was Anna Massey?

Liked
    0 times
    name='jaycad']i don't think anna massey has appeared either? it could have been rosalie crutchley who appeared in 'the norwood builder' but going by pictures of the droylesden moravian settlement i'm convinced that the episode was 'the red circle'!
    Ah... Rosalie Crutchley ,quite possible as I said I saw her from a distance.....I should have gone to spec-savers!