+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member Country: New Zealand Anthony McKay's Avatar
    Liked
    6 times
    One of the few mews locations from THE AVENGERS that we have been unable to find. From the episode THE ROTTERS.

Senior Member Country: Ireland fluddite's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    We are not a-mewsed....

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    Do they ever put a "No Hawkers" sign up in a Mews?

Now that would be a-mews-ing seeing as the mews was originally the place where the hawks and falcons were kept

Steve

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Mark O's Avatar
    Liked
    202 times
    A wild guess but the large block of flats seen in the far background of the third pic has a look of the western end of Kensington High street about it.

Senior Member Country: England DocRobertPepper's Avatar
    Liked
    8 times
    name='Mark O']A wild guess but the large block of flats seen in the far background of the third pic has a look of the western end of Kensington High street about it.

could be right so might be Napier Place W8

Senior Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    0 times
    name='DocRobertPepper']could be right so might be Napier Place W8

It might well be Napier Place. Google Maps hasn't been down this mews but here's a link to the front of the block of flats that are in a direct line from Napier Place on Kensington High Street:

Google Maps

The front of the block is different from the back in the photo but we can't assume that the back would be the same also. Worth someone checking it with a camera to confirm whether yay or nay.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Mark O's Avatar
    Liked
    202 times
    name='Remy']It might well be Napier Place. Google Maps hasn't been down this mews but here's a link to the front of the block of flats that are in a direct line from Napier Place on Kensington High Street:

Google Maps

The front of the block is different from the back in the photo but we can't assume that the back would be the same also. Worth someone checking it with a camera to confirm whether yay or nay.

It most certainly is, funnily enough I was only in Kensington High street last Sunday, I had my camera with me as well but it was for another mission (to check the progress of Dusty Springfield's former home for the fan-site which is being converted into flats, but I doubt anyone here would be interested in that) I'm sure someone can get to Napier Place before I'm able to again.

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    1 times
    I am not from London so all these places look alike to me but it looks vaguely familiar. I wonder if I know it from something else like TNA or The Professionals ? I doubt I have seen the Avengers episode. I have probably only seen 1/4 of them.

Liked
    0 times
    name='Remy']It might well be Napier Place. Google Maps hasn't been down this mews but here's a link to the front of the block of flats that are in a direct line from Napier Place on Kensington High Street:

Google Maps

Hmmm... somehow I think it's not Napier Place...

Your web browser and the Maps site are incompatible (ignore the 'incompatibe' link title - just click it!)

I can't see anything of the back of the block of flats or indeed Napier Place to link it to the location unless someone can see something I can't.

Liked
    6 times
    Sorry for wasting your time - but I pulled out my swinging crystal, held it over photo of Bill Gates and:

http://maps.google.co.nz/maps?hl=en&...11,339.63,,0,5

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    7 times
    name='Anthony McKay'] I pulled out my swinging crystal, held it over photo of Bill Gates and:

Ah that old trick - it works every time.

Liked
    0 times
    name='Anthony McKay']Sorry for wasting your time - but I pulled out my swinging crystal, held it over photo of Bill Gates and:

duchess mews london - Google Maps

Well done Anthony! How exactly did you find it? Was it just a random search or was there more info you were going on?

Liked
    6 times
    name='Remy']Well done Anthony! How exactly did you find it? Was it just a random search or was there more info you were going on?

Okay -

The two storey building you can see beyond the mews reminded me of the buildings in Duchess Mews.

You can also see that there is a second mews across the road.

So I just looked for two mews (mewses?) opposite each other near Duchess Mews.

Took less than two minutes to find thanks to StreetView.

If I had not posted up the close-up shot of the end of the mews I would never had seen the clues - after all I've been looking for this bloody location for more than 5 years.