+ Reply to Thread
    Liked
    0 times
    Does anyone know if any of the Band of Brothers movie sets are still in existence?

If so, where? Has anyone been able to visit these sites recently?

I don't live in the UK anymore but would consider a visit back there if I could see afew of the places in the series.

Thanks for your help.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain mariocki's Avatar
    Liked
    32 times
    No, it was mostly filmed at the former Hatfield Aerodrome which has now been redeveloped. Some of the forest scenes were filmed within the grounds of Hatfield House which is very near me, I think I've still got the letter from the production company somewhere warning us of explosions and gunfire. Hambleden in Berkshire was also used so that would be one place you could visit.

Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the info. After looking at the current satellite shots I figured that might be the case.

I don't know if anyone documented the filming locations (other than in "The Making of Band of Brothers" DVD) but I will find out.

Take care.

Liked
    0 times
    Just curious - do you know when the airfield was redeveloped (if it was after 2006 I'm going to feel sick)? Thanks.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    0 times
    Hatfield was already being redeveloped when Band of Brothers was being filmed at the end of 2000. Apart from the original entrance building, security gate and the control tower/assembly hall, nothing remains of the airfield now. Back in 2008 we did take a wander over to the back of the airfield where BOB was filmed and found some remnants of the mock buildings used for filming there but nothing substantial is left sadly. Aldbury was another location used for filming. The village has been featured in many tv and film productions so would be worth a visit.

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    1 times
    I have a lot of call sheets and paperwork for the series and in addition to Hatfield filming was done at East Wittering, Grinstead and various other locations in Sussex. The run up Currahee mountain was filmed at Bourne woods in Farnham and was also used for some of the new Robin Hood film. I found that out from Scott Grimes who played Malarkey in BoB and is Will Scarlet in the Robin Hood movie