+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pie in the Sky

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    In the series there was a very distinctive external shot of the restaurant, where a slope came down from the road onto the pavement (sidewalk).

I could of sworn I saw it again in the last week or two, possibly in the recent episode of Midsomer Murders.

Two questions:

Where is it?

Am I right about the same location being used in the recent drama?

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    name='pitters']In the series there was a very distinctive external shot of the restaurant, where a slope came down from the road onto the pavement (sidewalk).

I could of sworn I saw it again in the last week or two, possibly in the recent episode of Midsomer Murders.

Two questions:

Where is it?

Am I right about the same location being used in the recent drama?
    The restaurant in Pie in the Sky was in Hemel Hempstead. Midsomer Murders is usually filmed in Oxfordshire. Causton itself (the county town of the county of Midsomer) is Wallingford, Oxfordshire

Steve

Senior Member Country: England earlb's Avatar
    Liked
    15 times
    Pie in the sky was filmed in the Old High street, Hemel Hempstead, Herts. Once upon a time my Father had a pub exactly opposite (now a museum) where I was born. The V.E celebrations were held for the kids on exactly that spot.

Liked
    7 times
    I saw that episode of Midsomer Murders and I believe it is indeed the very same location. I remarked on this to my good lady wife at the time!

Super Moderator Country: England
    Liked
    7 times
    name='earlb']Pie in the sky was filmed in the Old High street, Hemel Hempstead, Herts. Once upon a time my Father had a pub exactly opposite (now a museum) where I was born.

Wow, that's impressive, to have your birthplace turned into a museum.....wouldn't you have settled for the blue plaque ????

Liked
    150 times
    There's a scene in one of the earlier episodes where they go into a dry-cleaners which is in Woodthorpe Road in Ashford, Middlesex - so they got about a bit!

Senior Member Country: UK SainT's Avatar
    Liked
    14 times
    pitters and alan gowdy

It is indeed the very same location, which was used for Pie in the Sky and Midsomer Murders: The Sword of Guillaume.

"Barnaby is seen here talking to Jenny."

"The shop used for the 90s TV series "Pie in the Sky" is on the right."

Midsomer Murders Locations:

Hemel Hempstead Old Town, Hertfordshire

seen in "The Sword of Guillaume"

Greg

Senior Member Country: England earlb's Avatar
    Liked
    15 times
    name='penfold']Wow, that's impressive, to have your birthplace turned into a museum.....wouldn't you have settled for the blue plaque ????

Actually Penfold my only association I have with a plaque is more to do with my teeth which is yellowish as opposed to blue.

My Fathers Pub was called The Sun Inn but the front part is now a museum for World War technical gadgets like phones etc: and this is the place my dear old departed friend stuntman Paddy Ryan and his sidekick used to frequent.

The Museum of Technology, the Great War and WWII"