+ Reply to Thread
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi Everyone,

Just found this great site and registered. Thought I'd introduce myself and let you know of my website dedicated to 'Hammer House of Horror TV series' which includes a comprehensive location guide.

Most of the locations used in the series are in and around Great Missenden in South Buckinghamshire. Over the years I've managed to identify quite a lot of locations but have recently updated the site with now and then photos, but there are still many to track down.

Please pop over and have a look here and click on the 'locations' button on the left

Kind regards

Neal

Super Moderator Country: Fiji
    Liked
    114 times
    Nice site Neal -

Obviously a lot of work gone into it. Congrats.

Smudge

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi Neal

A very nice site you have there. My favourite Hammer House of Horror episode was the one with the Doppelgangers with frightful teeth... I always found it chilling. It was a great anthology series.

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    0 times
    I've never seen the complete series and enjoyed your comments, including "favorites" episodes.

Senior Member Country: New Zealand Anthony McKay's Avatar
    Liked
    6 times
    Hi Neal,

I had given up looking for HHofH locations since your site started as you were doing such a good job of finding them.

I hope you don't mind that I've set up a page to help find the remaining few.

Location Spotting Page 93

All the very best,

Tony

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    5 times
    I loved the house in Rude Awakening, it was a lovely ruin id love to know were that is, although we did see it as a ruin then as a bueatiful house.

Super Moderator Country: UK christoph404's Avatar
    Liked
    77 times
    name='hammerhouseofhorror']Hi Everyone,

Just found this great site and registered. Thought I'd introduce myself and let you know of my website dedicated to 'Hammer House of Horror TV series' which includes a comprehensive location guide.

Most of the locations used in the series are in and around Great Missenden in South Buckinghamshire. Over the years I've managed to identify quite a lot of locations but have recently updated the site with now and then photos, but there are still many to track down.

Please pop over and have a look here and click on the 'locations' button on the left

Kind regards

Neal

Great website, congratulations and thanks for sharing it with us.I did spectate on some scenes that were being filmed for the series in Covent Garden market in London one afternoon in the eighties. Leigh Lawson was in the scene and he was having lunch with a couple of other characters including an American actor whom I recognized but whose name eludes me, the film crew were very jolly and good natured despte the fact they were filming a dining and talking scene outside at one of London's busiest tourist spots with hoards of bystanders looking on including me and asking dumb questions!

NB. just checked on IMDB and the episode I saw being filmed was called "Black Carrion" with Leigh Lawson. I think that would be the second series circa 1985ish.

Senior Member Country: England aaron's Avatar
    Liked
    1 times
    Well done indeed, wonderful sleuthing and a great site! Being a Bucks boy myself, i was obviously aware that they were filmed locally, and enjoy them all the more for their familiar locations....

Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for all your replies and kind comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony McKay
    Hi Neal,

I had given up looking for HHofH locations since your site started as you were doing such a good job of finding them.

I hope you don't mind that I've set up a page to help find the remaining few.

Location Spotting Page 93

All the very best,

Tony

Thanks Tony, much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Christoph404
    Great website, congratulations and thanks for sharing it with us.I did spectate on some scenes that were being filmed for the series in Covent Garden market in London one afternoon in the eighties. Leigh Lawson was in the scene and he was having lunch with a couple of other characters including an American actor whom I recognized but whose name eludes me, the film crew were very jolly and good natured despte the fact they were filming a dining and talking scene outside at one of London's busiest tourist spots with hoards of bystanders looking on including me and asking dumb questions!

NB. just checked on IMDB and the episode I saw being filmed was called "Black Carrion" with Leigh Lawson. I think that would be the second series circa 1985ish.

Yes it was 'Black Carrion'. I watched some of the second series episodes last week. A couple of decent ones in there such as 'In Possession' but a few stinkers as well.

name='"Aaron"']Well done indeed, wonderful sleuthing and a great site! Being a Bucks boy myself, i was obviously aware that they were filmed locally, and enjoy them all the more for their familiar locations....

I think it has something to do with why I like them so much too.

Thanks again everyone and I intend to visit this forum on a regular basis.

Senior Member Country: New Zealand Anthony McKay's Avatar
    Liked
    6 times
    name='Carmel']I loved the house in Rude Awakening, it was a lovely ruin id love to know were that is, although we did see it as a ruin then as a bueatiful house.

Found by Hammer House of Horror - The TV Series

HAMMER HOUSE OF HORROR: Rude Awakening

Scotsgrove House, Scotsgrove Hill, Thame, Oxfordshire - Lower Moat Manor