+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Travelling Man

Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    Does anyone know the locations where the Granada series "Travelling Man" was shot?

I recognise some, the marina where the fire alarm scene took place is at Poynton, Cheshire and some of the canal in the vicinity, (Macclesfield Canal).

The motorbike chase scene is on/around the Mancunian way Manchester.

Others like the boating lake, and the "Welsh" episode I don't know.

Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    Episode 1, apart from the London locations, much of the filming was around Canal Side Grappenhall Warrington.

Flash Earth ...satellite and aerial imagery of the Earth in Flash

Working through the other episodes to see if I recognise any more.

Liked
    0 times
    I came across this thread whilst looking for some other information. I do remember the series in fact I own the narrowboat Harmony that was used in the series. I was lucky enough to be given the tapes of the full series and recently had them converted onto two double DVD's. I know the second series is very hard to get due to the number of requests I had for copies. I started to make people copies when it was suggested to get people to make a donation to charity in return for the full series. This has proved successful and we have been able to take several classes out for the day on a boat from my daughters school which teaches children with autism. If anyone would like a copy you can send me a pm I will also include some pictures of the boat as it is now. I am currently working on taking photographs of different places seen in the series for a now and then comparison.

Liked
    0 times
    name='Sam Webster']Does anyone know the locations where the Granada series "Travelling Man" was shot?

I recognise some, the marina where the fire alarm scene took place is at Poynton, Cheshire and some of the canal in the vicinity, (Macclesfield Canal).

The motorbike chase scene is on/around the Mancunian way Manchester.

Others like the boating lake, and the "Welsh" episode I don't know.

The lake was pickmere lake that is now a housing estate the funfair part not the lake,The welsh episode is on the viaduct on the llangollen canal, lots of the other areas are around lymm. Meant to answer question before previous post but posted that on wrong thread oops.

Member Country: UK Ealingfilmfan's Avatar
    Liked
    2 times
    name='brinmorris']The lake was pickmere lake that is now a housing estate the funfair part not the lake

Many happy memories of going to Pickmere funfair in the early/mid sixties....

Picture of Ghost train here:-

http://www.fairart.co.uk/photogaller...s/image001.jpg

Liked
    0 times
    just talking to the man who now owns harmony(the boat) yesterday. what a buz still seeing the old girl afloat.

Liked
    0 times
    I was talking to the man who now owns Harmony(the narrow boat) yesterday.Buzzin great to see the old girl afloat still.when i was young we had a caravan @pickmere caravan site i was there during filming of traveling man. granada donated 2 swans to the lake. funny its now a bird sanctuary.No more pudder pudder boats.

Liked
    0 times
    brilliant idea it was me that ran after your boat in lostock.I am the owner of hunter.Can you please send me details on how to purchase these films. I work in warrington live in leigh and have my boat in lostock.So would be easy to pick up copies rather then posting etc. keep up the good work.

Liked
    0 times
    just purchased the album to traveling man from hmv (through the web ) for 3.99 and free delivery

Liked
    0 times
    Loved the series, recently watched the entire two series on copied vhs tapes, they still had the 80,s adveRts on them.

The opening scene of Lomax working in fields overlooking a motorway was filmed at Nangreaves near Bury in Lancashire and the shot of the mini bus going back to prison was shot near Holcome Army Range, Holcombe near Bury.

I remember covering the filming for the local paper as i work as a snapper for the local rag..

Cheers Steve.

Junior Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    Just purchased the DVDs recently I have a Facebook page devoted to Travelling Man please feel free to post or comment