+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    2 times

This farmhouse/mansion featured in an episode of 'The Professionals' filmed in 1977 (unit base: Harefield Grove, near Denham). I've searched high and low for this too. I reckon its somewhere around Denham. Its one of those that I feel I've seen in something else ('Dads Army') - firstly, its huge, derelict then, so may be demolished (Halings House area) today. But this episode also had footage shot at Maidenhead, Slough and Thorpe park ski slopes, so could be anywhere on route to these from Harefield. Most of the pics show the back of the house, the only real clue being the narrow road and the turn in the road, as you look at the picture the road bears to the left quite sharply in the distance. I've tried the location manager Peter Cotton with this one, but he can't remember it at all. Neither can first ad Bill Westley, and I never got a reply from guest star Keith Barron. Been looking for this since 1999?

I'm writing a book on the show and this location is driving me crazy???

Thanks in advance people.

Liked
    2 times

The above street is also driving me mad. Hopefully someone here may recall those awful 1930's flats.

Again lots of clues; the 1930's flats have 'white' balconies and are built on an embankment (maybe railway line the other side) with steps leading up to them, and there's a 'P' parking sign on the lampost, which may indicate its near a town centre. The actual lamposts may be a clue, they look similar to ones used in much of Herts/Middx at the time? The TR7 also appears to be coming down quite a steep hill. Then there's the house at the bottom left. Location manager Peter Cotton couldn't recall them, but again footage was shot at Slough and Thorpe park so could have been on route from Harefield. I get the odd idea it may the Acton area / West London. Been looking for this since 1999 too.

Liked
    2 times
    Here's another location I can't place.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain mariocki's Avatar
    Liked
    32 times
    Architecture reminds me of the area around Dollis Hill Lane NW2 from the A5 Cricklewood Broadway looking towards Wembley but it's a while since I was over that way.

Liked
    2 times
    And another one I need:

Hope someone can crack this one? I'm pretty confident its a dead-end street around the W14/Hammersmith areas, but again there seems to be a lot of these type of 1930's flat blocks around Goldhawk Rd/Uxbridge Road, but the open-front entrance and 'balls' must be a clue. It may a little further a field than Hammersmith, but surely not too much. Its a fake Hotel sign by the way in the house that is across the road from the flat-block seen in pic 1. Pic 3 is a closer view of the flat-block entrance with the 'balls'

Liked
    2 times
    As this seems the place to be with location finding at the moment, has anyone any ideas on this petrol station from THE PROFESSIONALS tv show; episode: Servant of Two Masters. Filmed 1979. I'm pretty sure its on Watford Road, Wembley, but need clarification please.