+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member Country: New Zealand Anthony McKay's Avatar
    Liked
    6 times
    I thought I would send a link to the Avengerland location spotting page of Unknown Airports.

Spotting Page 43 - Airports

If anyone recognises any of the footage please let me know.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm sure that Double Take was filmed at Elstree's airfield, that hanger looks just like the one in The Prisoner episode Many Happy Returns. Koroshi I still think was Panshanger Airfield nr Welwyn Garden City.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Mark O's Avatar
    Liked
    202 times
    No. 2 'the flight into darkness' one could be what was once known as RAF Rochford in Essex, but is now the soon to expanded Southend Airport

There is a row of Council housing at the bottom of the main runway very similar, and the building with the large chimney on the other frame was Rochford hospital (though the actual building was demolished approx 15 years ago)......in fact I'm 99% sure it is Southend Airport!

Senior Member Country: Great Britain mariocki's Avatar
    Liked
    32 times
    Many Happy Returns was filmed at Chalgrove wasn't it?

Senior Member Country: New Zealand Anthony McKay's Avatar
    Liked
    6 times
    I've just been watching "Doctor No" and the when the Pan-Am plane carrying Bond flies into Kingston I'm sure we see this shot in DANGER MAN: Fish on a Hook.

I've been looking at the two Kingston airports on the web - neither look like this, although Norman Manley International Airport may be the Airport set in a lagoon seen in 'A Date with Doris' and 'A Man to be Trusted'.

So are there any Bond experts out there that can identify the airport in Doctor No seen when the plane is actually landing?

Liked
    1 times
    not long up but will have a look later, got things to do, the smallest airports ever Ive been in were Rimini airport in the 80s, and Ganger or Gander in Canada, we stopped there to refuel on way to Florida and no one knew on the plane, so we got off in snow and wind in summer clothes, we got the shock of our lives running to the small airport.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    name='Mark O']No. 2 'the flight into darkness' one could be what was once known as RAF Rochford in Essex, but is now the soon to expanded Southend Airport

There is a row of Council housing at the bottom of the main runway very similar, and the building with the large chimney on the other frame was Rochford hospital (though the actual building was demolished approx 15 years ago)......in fact I'm 99% sure it is Southend Airport!

I had a good look at the stills and it is definitely not Southend Airport. I was born in Rochford Hospital and that isn't it. I grew up in a council house next to the airport too. There also seems to be a hill in the background and as you know Mark it's all as flat as Canvey round the airport.

AFAIK the only confirmed use of Southend Airport as a location is Goldfinger. When they were filming they put the Aston Martin on show but kept everybody back about a hundred yards.