+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member Country: New Zealand Anthony McKay's Avatar
    Liked
    6 times
    Here is another location used many times, but still unidentified.

Any ideas - or have you seen this police station in other productions.

And remember........Keep them peeled!

Senior Member Country: Great Britain mariocki's Avatar
    Liked
    32 times
    I suggested previously that it might have been the former West Hendon Police Station and said at the time it had been demolished but I think it was actually just refurbished so the part that the blue light is attached to might still be recognisable. It's the brown building at the West Hendon Broadway/Brent Park Road junction. I'm at work so can't access LiveMaps at the moment to check but will have a look later tonight.

Liked
    6 times
    name='mariocki']I suggested previously that it might have been the former West Hendon Police Station and said at the time it had been demolished but I think it was actually just refurbished so the part that the blue light is attached to might still be recognisable. It's the brown building at the West Hendon Broadway/Brent Park Road junction. I'm at work so can't access LiveMaps at the moment to check but will have a look later tonight.

I had a look at it, and it is certainly the right basic shape. But you'd have to be a lot closer to make the final call.

I'll see if I can find some better quality grabs of the building - but I might be pushed to find any new angles.

Liked
    32 times
    Funnily enough I was just looking at that myself, the entrance and approach seem very similar but as you say, this ones going to require a visit.

Super Moderator Country: England
    Liked
    7 times
    Just a thought, my two pennorth - but apart from the lamp on that very insubstantial-looking bracket that could have been glued to the concrete, there's nothing distinguishing the building from any other office block......which may mean it is any other office block, not necessarily anything police-connected in real life...

Liked
    6 times
    name='penfold']Just a thought, my two pennorth - but apart from the lamp on that very insubstantial-looking bracket that could have been glued to the concrete, there's nothing distinguishing the building from any other office block......which may mean it is any other office block, not necessarily anything police-connected in real life...

But if it was a police station. And the general layout is right - including the steps/or ramp up to the entrance. All we need is one or two scraps of 'real' evidence to make the identification.

The 'Avengerland test' is to find some small detail on the screen grab and then match it up to the location AND find a detail on the building and match it up to something on the screen grab you hadn't noticed before.

Liked
    32 times
    Plus that crest over the doorway is a bit extravagant by ITC standards

Liked
    6 times

I'm seeing windows on the ground floor that change from being glass to someting else.

I'm also seeing a ramp and stairs up to the entrance.

Liked
    6 times
    There is also the gap between the retaining wall and the annex.

The ground floor non-window blocks seem to match the same spacing as the new vertical bars. From right to left, Four units of non-windows, the 2 units of windows and then the entrance area.

I think Mariocki knows what he is talking about.

I'm sure there must be some of the retaining brickwork or some of the horizontal striped concrete still in existance to make the final confirmation.

Liked
    7 times
    The other thing I would say about the blue lamp is that there appears to be a large hole in the concrete where something more substantial mounted on it, below the lamp bracket, has been removed.....whether for filming purposes or not it's impossible to say.....that crest perhaps !!!

The proprtions of the building do look right though - except there seems to be a white strip of panelling on the left hand edge - assuming it 's the edge - of the building matching the panelling strips at the top of the first floor and at the roof line - and yet in the modern pic, the same number of windows go right to the the cornerof the building.

Liked
    32 times
    Just been to take some photographs (why are they always sensitive Police/Government/Army buildings?) and it appears (IMHO) to be the same building. I'll post them up/e-mail them across tonight when I get home.

Liked
    32 times

Senior Member Country: England harryshand's Avatar
    Liked
    1 times
    Hmm - there are only 5 steps in the recent photos as opposed to 7 in the original. The layout looks right though.

Liked
    7 times
    I withdraw all objections! The clincher for me is the extension onto which the blue lamp is affixed. It has been foreshortened - the wall on which the lamp has been hung is no longer there, and the front taken back a couple of yards leaving the tarmacked area, and windows built in. As the building was on a gentle slope, the eight courses of the concrete blocks - which if you look carefully on the top pic becomes seven courses halfway back - are clearly the same seven as the CCTV camera is attached to. It, and the retaining wall below it, about the only part not affected by the fairly recent remodelling. What is/was the building, anyway??

Liked
    6 times
    Game, set and match Mariocki

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    8 times
    Nice detective work..

And if any further evidence is needed have a look at this article:

MPA: Committees: Finance reports - 23 Sep 04 (15)