+ Reply to Thread
    Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    The episode, The Rhyme and The Reason, was filmed in Battersea Park, and opposite the Power Station, but I wondered if anyone knew where the terraced houses that Carol White's character lived in was? It is opposite a pub called the Old Farm House, which I have looked up on the internet and it says it is in Doddington Grove, Battersea, Wandsworth but Doddington Grove is SE17. And does anyone know if the pub is still standing? Thanks.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain mariocki's Avatar
    Liked
    32 times
    Full list of locations here:

Gideon's Way Locations

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    One of the joys of Gideon's Way is its extensive use of outside locations.

Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    This show was on it's way to me when I ordered it from Amazon a few months ago, but then they suddenly said it wasn't available. A re-packaged version soon followed. Does anyone know if there are differences between the two packages apart from the cover (including a booklet)?

Liked
    32 times
    The new version houses all the discs in one case so the extras are the same but there's confusion over the booklet, some have it included whereas others don't. There's also confusion over the product code for this title as many retailers don't show it in stock but have it listed instead as A Little Bit Of Wisdom! It's available for 17:99 at Play though:

Play.com (UK) : Gideon's Way: The Complete Series (7 Discs) : DVD - Free Delivery

Liked
    177 times
    Oh no. There's been discussion about the booklet/no booklet issue at a thread on 'The Adventurer' and 'The Baron'. I think it was Batman who suggested contacting Customer Services but each DVD set I buy that doesn't have one looks as if it should. I'm not too bothered about cast details (although plot details/summaries would help sometimes), but the major irritation is not being able to read the inside covers, which is where the discs are stored.

Liked
    32 times
    If you get one without a booklet, try sending them an e-mail at:

pradmin@networkdvd.co.uk

Liked
    177 times
    Thanks a lot, Mariocki. I might just do that anyway on behalf of 'Danger UXB' and 'The Adventurer'. But it's 'The Sweeney' one I'm most frustrated by - it wasn't in the first boxset. And why didn't 'Thriller' get a booklet?

Senior Member Country: Europe Bernardo's Avatar
    Liked
    13 times
    name='cornershop15']Oh no. There's been discussion about the booklet/no booklet issue at a thread on 'The Adventurer' and 'The Baron'. I think it was Batman who suggested contacting Customer Services but each DVD set I buy that doesn't have one looks as if it should. I'm not too bothered about cast details (although plot details/summaries would help sometimes), but the major irritation is not being able to read the inside covers, which is where the discs are stored.
    If it is the same edition that I have, it is printed in 6 point you will need some aid to read it!

Senior Member Country: England DocRobertPepper's Avatar
    Liked
    8 times
    name='font']The episode, The Rhyme and The Reason, was filmed in Battersea Park, and opposite the Power Station, but I wondered if anyone knew where the terraced houses that Carol White's character lived in was? It is opposite a pub called the Old Farm House, which I have looked up on the internet and it says it is in Doddington Grove, Battersea, Wandsworth but Doddington Grove is SE17. And does anyone know if the pub is still standing? Thanks.

Got a feeling that this may not be there anymore as there is a big housing estate called Doddington along Battersea Park Road