+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    69 times
    My brother watched an episode of Murder,She Wrote today,which was set in Ireland. He was convinced it was shot in Ireland,but I explained it could have been easily filmed in California.

I know in many programmes,for example The Saint,they use stock shots of scenes to extablish a location (eg the Eiffel Tower for Paris),but they were always filmed in their native country. Did Angela Lansbury ever have to go abroad to film MSW?

Ta Ta

Marky B

Senior Member Country: United States torinfan's Avatar
    Liked
    71 times
    name='Marky B']My brother watched an episode of Murder,She Wrote today,which was set in Ireland. He was convinced it was shot in Ireland,but I explained it could have been easily filmed in California.

I know in many programmes,for example The Saint,they use stock shots of scenes to extablish a location (eg the Eiffel Tower for Paris),but they were always filmed in their native country. Did Angela Lansbury ever have to go abroad to film MSW?

Ta Ta

Marky B

IMDB has it that the series was filmed largely in CA. Hard to believe but there are parts of CA that can pass for a sleepy little New England village like the one Jessica Fletcher lived in.

"Murder, She Wrote" (1984) - Filming locations

Senior Member Country: New Zealand Anthony McKay's Avatar
    Liked
    6 times
    In the ITC series THE SAINT footage was shot outside the UK featuring Roger Moore.

Rome and Paris for the B&W seasons. Malta for the colour seasons.

Plus 2nd unit work in Paris and Rome for the colour seasons (probably as they drove the cars back from Malta to Borehamwood).

Liked
    2 times
    I think she has filmed a couple in London, espsecially when she plays the part of her cousin Emma.

Senior Member Country: England John Llewellyn Moxey's Avatar
    Liked
    45 times
    name='Marky B']My brother watched an episode of Murder,She Wrote today,which was set in Ireland. He was convinced it was shot in Ireland,but I explained it could have been easily filmed in California.

Ta Ta

Marky B

I am not sure about this. I know angela went to Hawaii, but I don't think she ever went out of the USA to film an episode. I do know that film was shot in Russia, perhaps with a double, and used in an episode.

Cheers john

Liked
    1 times
    She did later film a pilot for a new series, The Unexpected Mrs Pollifax, in Ireland, with the late, great Ed Bishop as her co-star.

Liked
    69 times
    name='John Llewellyn Moxey']I am not sure about this. I know angela went to Hawaii, but I don't think she ever went out of the USA to film an episode. I do know that film was shot in Russia, perhaps with a double, and used in an episode.

Cheers john

Nice to see you back,John. Thanks for your contribution.

Ta Ta

Marky B

Senior Member Country: UK image45's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    name='Lord Brett']She did later film a pilot for a new series, The Unexpected Mrs Pollifax, in Ireland, with the late, great Ed Bishop as her co-star.

Ed Bishop, I still find it hard to believe that he is no longer with us!

I would so love to see his Out of the Unknown episode 'Beach Head', but this is one that the BBC no longer hold in their archive

Liked
    69 times
    One of the ones set in Ireland had Fionnula Flanagan in it,who is an Irish actress based in the US. Which is like any movie with Ed Bishop in it,though set in the USA,is made over here.

Ta Ta

Marky B

Liked
    1 times
    name='image45']Ed Bishop, I still find it hard to believe that he is no longer with us!

I know. My partner has only just reached the stage where she can watch UFO without being upset (she knew Ed quite well).

Senior Member Country: England John Llewellyn Moxey's Avatar
    Liked
    45 times
    name='Marky B']One of the ones set in Ireland had Fionnula Flanagan in it,who is an Irish actress based in the US. Which is like any movie with Ed Bishop in it,though set in the USA,is made over here.

Ta Ta

Marky B

One of the great pleasures of my life was to work with Fionnula.

John

Liked
    69 times
    name='John Llewellyn Moxey']One of the great pleasures of my life was to work with Fionnula.

John

I first came across her in the very spooky The Others alongside Eric Sykes and someone called Kidman.

Ta Ta

Marky B

Liked
    80 times

Ta Ta

Marky B

A TV movie of Murder, She Wrote was filmed in Ireland in 2003.

More here:

Murder, She Wrote: The Celtic Riddle (2003) (TV)

Euryale.

Liked
    69 times
    name='Euryale']A TV movie of Murder, She Wrote was filmed in Ireland in 2003.

More here:

Murder, She Wrote: The Celtic Riddle (2003) (TV)

Euryale.

Thanks,Euryale

Ta Ta

Marky B

Liked
    2 times
    Murder She Wrote: The Celtic Riddle is being shown on ITV1 on Saturday 29th August at 11am.