+ Reply to Thread
    Member Country: England deancosmos's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello clever people. This has been bothering me for many years. I have always wondered where Reggie's house is. According to several sources including an official looking website, Reggie's fictional Coleridge Close was Sandall Close, Ealing W5 1JE . I am not clever enough to add screengrabs but if you have a look on Google streetview it looks nothing like Reggie's road. It's possible that the road was used for the sequence of Perrin walking to the station but it definitely is'nt where the exterior house and neighbour's were shot. The houses on Reggie's road were detached and of a completely different style.

This is a mystery, but if anyone can help it's you lot.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    6 times
    The Streetview car, for some reason, doesn't seem to have gone up there, but it looks like it might actually be Beaufort Close, not far from Sandall Close: here's the view looking up the street - the houses at the top look right:

sandall close ealing - Google Maps

And the aerial view:http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...5742&encType=1

Liked
    0 times
    Thank you. That's got to be it. I might have to take a drive up there as the google car did'nt bother! Well done. I'm sure you've cracked it. Looking at the aerial birds-eye view is the clincher.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    6 times
    I've now checked through the first episode and it very clearly is Beaufort Close, despite various later changes. In the scene where Reggie imagines flashing at a neighbour on his way to work, the rear view of the house on the western corner of Beaufort Close and Beaufort Road matches exactly with the Streetmap aerial view.

Which begs the question, how did Sandall Close get identified as the location?

Liked
    0 times
    I too have been wondering where the location is. It was to my surpise that I discovered his house is in West London. I live near Hanger Lane tube station and so am only 400 meters from his house!

I went to Sandall Close today. I think that some of the scenes may may from here (the one where he makes the builder fall down into his little tent!). However, I will check out the Beaufort Close thing tomorrow morning.

I also went to Sunshine Desserts today. I am amazed to see that the building has not changed a jot - apart from a lack of letters on the top!

Do either of you two know where the exteria for the new Perrin show is, for the Groomtech building?

Liked
    0 times
    OK - I have done a bit of detective work and I can confirm that Reginald Perrin's house is Number 6 Beaufort Close, Ealing. I am 100% certain. However, the shots of him walking to work are located at different points. The most notable is on the corner of Audley Road and The Ridings. Another - the one where he makes the roadman fall into his tent - is on the corner of Ashbourne Close. All 3 roads are within 100 meters or so of one another.

Wikepedia is wrong - I am 100% right on all 3 - I checked the building works in each case and they all match.

Mistery solved!

Liked
    0 times
    Great work, well done. I am not far away and intend to take a look soon. I still cannot understand how Sandall Close came to be identified as Coleridge Close. One website even quotes from production notes! Thanks to both of you.

Sorry, I don't know where the Groomtech building is although it does look familiar.

Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    where is the sunshine deserts building?

Senior Member Country: UK bobsterkent's Avatar
    Liked
    3 times
    Wasn't the sunshine deserts building in west london? I seem to recall it was also used as the new 'post war' police station in Foyles War.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain mariocki's Avatar
    Liked
    32 times
    Telford Way in Ealing

Junior Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    Where was Sunshine Desserts exterior filmed and is the building still standing and also - what does it look like now ??

Senior Member Country: Great Britain mariocki's Avatar
    Liked
    32 times
    Telford Way in North Acton, still looks the same:

http://goo.gl/maps/LuoLr