+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member Country: New Zealand Anthony McKay's Avatar
    Liked
    6 times
    More footage from MAN IN A SUITCASE: The Boston Square (Don Chaffey: February 1967), but this time it's the stock footage that could actually be Corfu.

The first couple of shots feature a Greek fishing village. I've managed to find a photo of the "Ferry Mario" on the island of Symi Here. The boat may be the Symi/Corfu ferry.

The next shot of of a marina often appears in ITC productions around this time and may not be Greece.

Last shot is a back projection plate of a Greek Island, it looks a little like Symi, but I've no confirmation.

Liked
    0 times
    Having been to the wonderful island of Symi last year, it certainly does look like that beautiful Greek island. I have some pics of Symi 2008 on my PC that I could post if required.

BTW I don't think it can be the Corfu to Symi ferry because Symi lies just off Rhodes. I think a ferry between Symi & Corfu would take about a fortnight to get there!

Senior Member Country: New Zealand Anthony McKay's Avatar
    Liked
    6 times
    name='maninasuitcase']Having been to the wonderful island of Symi last year, it certainly does look like that beautiful Greek island. I have some pics of Symi 2008 on my PC that I could post if required.

Thanks for the offer, but can you just flick through your photos to find any buildings/landscape images that match the above. I understand that Symi was given some sort of heritage status in the 70's, so I'm hoping that some of these buildings survived from the 60's.

Liked
    0 times
    Well, I located my photos of Symi and I really can't say that the pics you posted are that island for sure. The buildings do look reasonably similar but the hills in the background don't look very much like it at all. I will endeavour to post a couple of pics later on and hopefully you will see what I mean!

Liked
    0 times