+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member Country: New Zealand Anthony McKay's Avatar
    Liked
    6 times
    Stock footage of a Police Station seen in RANDALL AND HOPKIRK DECEASED. The general layout and the roof is near identical to Golders Green police station at 1069 Finchley Road - but I don't think it is this one.

There is a cab shelter and a bus stop opposite - I can read the first bus number as either 'C4' or '104' depending on the exposure.

Any ideas?

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Mark O's Avatar
    Liked
    202 times
    That's the former Barnet Police station (I was born there) on Barnet Hill, across the road between the junctions of Fitzjohn Avenue and Normandy Avenue, that building is no longer there, it was replaced by a new one in the early 70's, the Bus stop is for the 134, once quite a lengthy red route from to Tottenham Court Road stn to Potters Bar stn, the 84 is the other number, still operating between New Barnet stn and St.Albans, the 263 runs from Barnet to Archway, Buses for Barnet Church now terminate at that stop, and would probably be seen by an above google, at that particular time the buses terminated further up the hill by the junction with Wood Street.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain mariocki's Avatar
    Liked
    32 times
    I'd just suggested the same thing via e-mail!

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Mark O's Avatar
    Liked
    202 times
    Can anyone tell me what episode of R & H the scene with Barnet Hill is on please, I recall the Vauxhall Victor seen driving up it (or was it down it?!!) memories of R & H, Jason King, and The Champions are all a bit blurred to me and gel into one, but a lot of filming for these shows was done in these places, maybe I should have paid more attention to the reruns shown lately!

Maybe from this particular episode there's a scene where a Green London Country Routemaster Bus is seen at the top of Barnet Hill as it waits to depart for Watford, and also a scene of a curved 1930's shopping parade that looks very neat and tidy, which is East Barnet Road viewed from Churchill Road.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain mariocki's Avatar
    Liked
    32 times
    It's from Could You Recognise That Man Again?, Mark.