+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Senior Member Country: New Zealand Anthony McKay's Avatar
    Liked
    6 times
    A series of shots featuring a couple of doubles for Steed and Mrs Peel in a Bentley from THE AVENGERS episode Who's Who? - but the streets seen have not been found in the usual Borehamwood Area or near Pinewood Studios so this is a bit of a mystery.

Senior Member Country: England John Llewellyn Moxey's Avatar
    Liked
    45 times
    I Directed the episode, but the location of the photos escapes me!

John

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    name='John Llewellyn Moxey']I Directed the episode, but the location of the photos escapes me!

John
    Some people probably didn't know where they were when they were there - that's the problem with having a driver

Steve

Senior Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    0 times
    Just think how great it would be if we could put a picture into Goggle street view and it would come up with the location

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Mark O's Avatar
    Liked
    202 times
    The fourth pic down has a lookof Buckettsland Lane about it, the far left part of the lane looking towards where it joins High Canons in a sideward v-shape by Buckettsland Farm, at Well End to the north-east of Borehamwood, could be worth an airborne google just to confirm as there is an entrance to a property on the left in that portion of Buckettsland Lane.

Liked
    0 times
    name='Steve Crook']Some people probably didn't know where they were when they were there - that's the problem with having a driver

Steve

If you don't remember knowing where you were when you were there then you probably weren't there...that's the problem with 1967.

Liked
    418 times
    name='Freddie Freeloader']If you don't remember knowing where you were when you were there then you probably weren't there...that's the problem with 1967.
    There were places that I know I was at in the 60s but I have no idea where they are or how I got there - or back

Steve

Liked
    23 times
    name='Steve Crook']There were places that I know I was at in the 60s but I have no idea where they are or how I got there - or back

Steve

Me too Steve. I used to have to wait for the Police summons in the post to remind me.

Liked
    202 times
    The second pic from the bottom with the ochre Vauxhall Victor is a tricky one as there's thousands of 1930's semis in the London suburbs and home counties as the ones in the pic, but I see a hilly horizon in the far distance so Edgware looking north could be a possibilty, with the trees on the right it looks an entrance to a Park, Wood, open-space, or even a School.

Liked
    23 times
    Anthony-did we ever get to to the bottom of the "Steed Goes Shopping" location where we got involved with previous telphone directories?

In which case could this thread be connected?

Liked
    202 times
    name='Rick C']Anthony-did we ever get to to the bottom of the "Steed Goes Shopping" location where we got involved with previous telphone directories?

In which case could this thread be connected?

A link to that thread Rick........

http://www.britmovie.co.uk/forums/tv...-shopping.html

Liked
    6 times
    name='John Llewellyn Moxey']I Directed the episode, but the location of the photos escapes me!

John

These are not the only locations from the episode that have not been identified.

Was there by any chance something 'unusual' about this episode that would have caused these location scenes to be shot outside the unsual area?

Liked
    0 times
    name='Steve Crook']There were places that I know I was at in the 60s but I have no idea where they are or how I got there - or back

Steve

Are you totally 100% certain that you ever came back ?

Liked
    418 times
    name='Freddie Freeloader']Are you totally 100% certain that you ever came back ?
    Physically I appear to have done. But there are parts of me that are still elsewhere

Steve

Liked
    0 times
    name='Steve Crook']Physically I appear to have done. But there are parts of me that are still elsewhere

Steve

Then I'd have to say that you're definitely in fine shape.

Fred Das x

Liked
    418 times
    name='Freddie Freeloader']Then I'd have to say that you're definitely in fine shape.

Fred Das x
    Doing very well thanks. Although when I get together with mates from those days, the biggest puzzle is that so many of us survived them - relatively unscathed

Steve

Liked
    0 times
    Steve Crook may have had tongue very firmly in cheek when he says that the problem with having a driver is that you don't know where you are, but he's right. Apart from very obvious locations on programmes I've made, with most locations, I wouldn't even remember which county I was in. I remember (?) one airfield location, where we spent a whole week and if my life depended on it, all I could say, would be, "somewhere in Lincolnshire".

Liked
    418 times
    name='LukeAFB']Steve Crook may have had tongue very firmly in cheek when he says that the problem with having a driver is that you don't know where you are, but he's right. Apart from very obvious locations on programmes I've made, with most locations, I wouldn't even remember which county I was in. I remember (?) one airfield location, where we spent a whole week and if my life depended on it, all I could say, would be, "somewhere in Lincolnshire".
    No, no tongues in cheeks. It's something I first noticed years ago. If you are a passenger, even if you try to concentrate on and remember the route, it's very difficult to do so. It's too easy to get distracted. But if I've driven somewhere once then I can do it again, even years later

Steve

Senior Member Country: Lithuania Cooper S's Avatar
    Liked
    4 times

John

Would I be right in thinking you would only have directed on location if scenes involved the leading actors ? If so, these shots may well have been filmed by the second unit, so it's probably quite understandable that they wouldn't look familiar.

Liked
    6 times
    name='Anthony McKay']A series of shots featuring a couple of doubles for Steed and Mrs Peel in a Bentley from THE AVENGERS episode Who's Who? - but the streets seen have not been found in the usual Borehamwood Area or near Pinewood Studios so this is a bit of a mystery.

It is possible that all the location sequences were shot together to save time, the location of the private grounds being the determining factor.