+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked
    0 times
    In last weeks Bill (27th Aug 09) where there was a murder in a newsagents a lot of scenes were shot at a block of flats where the fronts sloped down to a walkway, also I think that there were garages underneath the flats,these flats have been used in quite a few dramas lately, anyone know where they are.

Kind regards, Steve.

Junior Member Country: Wales
    Liked
    0 times
    Cool. When I used to live in Wimbledon they were always filming in and around my area.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    2 times
    Can't pinpoint it, but there are similar flats around Belsize Park, but thats too far north for them. They tend to stick around Colliers Wood area a lot by 'The Tower'......and the housing estates off Merton Road, and Garratt Lane.

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    name='xcnn2']Cool. When I used to live in Wimbledon they were always filming in and around my area.
    I still do live in the Wimbledon area and they are still often seen filming around here

Steve

Senior Member Country: Canada
    Liked
    0 times
    Some years back,around 1990 or so,a couple of episodes of The Bill were filmed in the Camberwell S.E. 5 area of London.

Liked
    418 times
    name='eric7885']Some years back,around 1990 or so,a couple of episodes of The Bill were filmed in the Camberwell S.E. 5 area of London.

Yes, they've always gone to east London for a few scenes when they want something a bit grittier than Wimbledon and Merton

Steve

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    8 times
    In the late '80's they filmed in Acton quite a bit......especially the estate in South Acton.

Apparantly there were complaints from residents saying that whenever they wanted to film a depressing run-down estate they always came to South Acton.

I heard a similar story just recently. but can't remember what the program was or where they were filming.

Liked
    0 times
    They film quite a bit around Brixton too

Liked
    0 times
    I may have mentioned this before so no intention to bore but in the early 1980's I used to go to a disused factory in Barlby Road North Kensington (Up from Ladbrooke Grove) to what was the Old Talbot Motor Co. It was being used as a Film studios and Im sure a security guard told me that The Bill was partly filmed there and in surrounding areas. When did they move to to South Wimbledon? It seems they have been there for years.

Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    No idea but they filmed all the way out here in orpington once so i guess they get around a bit

Liked
    418 times
    name='pitchfork']I may have mentioned this before so no intention to bore but in the early 1980's I used to go to a disused factory in Barlby Road North Kensington (Up from Ladbrooke Grove) to what was the Old Talbot Motor Co. It was being used as a Film studios and Im sure a security guard told me that The Bill was partly filmed there and in surrounding areas. When did they move to to South Wimbledon? It seems they have been there for years.
    They've been based in South Wimbledon / Merton since day 1. But they've always filmed in other parts of London (and occasionally further afield) as well as in the local area

Steve

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    Euston Station Northern Line was used once! I gather that the Nick was on a Wimbledon industrial estate?

Liked
    418 times
    name='Automotivehistorian']Euston Station Northern Line was used once! I gather that the Nick was on a Wimbledon industrial estate?

It still is. Despite "Sun Hill Police Station" having been blown up and burned down a few times (in the series). It's a small building in Deer Park Road on the Lombard Industrial Park (SW19 3TL). It's near South Wimbledon tube (also on the Northern line)

When they're not filming there it looks like any of the other small industrial units. You might notice a few police vehicles parked around the back.

When they are filming there they dress it up with the blue light and Police signs by the door, that sort of thing

Steve

Liked
    0 times
    I saw them filming in Long Lane on the south side of Tower Bridge a few years back.

Liked
    0 times
    name='Steve Crook']It still is. Despite "Sun Hill Police Station" having been blown up and burned down a few times (in the series). It's a small building in Deer Park Road on the Lombard Industrial Park (SW19 3TL). It's near South Wimbledon tube (also on the Northern line)

When they're not filming there it looks like any of the other small industrial units. You might notice a few police vehicles parked around the back.

When they are filming there they dress it up with the blue light and Police signs by the door, that sort of thing

Steve

Have a look on Google Street View, it's there in all its glory!

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    This was about 5 years back one weekend. Driving from sarf lundun to norf during the daytime, steered off the Woolwich Ferry and chucked a left into Silvertown's industrial area near the Tate & Lyle factory. My wife said: 'putcha seat belt on!' and then I too saw what she saw... a mass of police cars up ahead all over the road. It immediately looked a siege!

As I drove through I noticed that with all these cars, there are no coppers. Saw a bloke mouching about to do with this and asked him what they were filming. 'Err, the...bill...whadyareckon?' was his sarky reply as he pointed to the police cars, giving me that look like I'm well fick or sommink innit!

After that we saw the bill filming on the otherside of the old tracks opposite Tate & Lyle's, at a corner building where there was a stand-off with the villains, and wierdly enough, I've seen both scenes in the prog even tho I don't watch it. Don't understand that!

Senior Member Country: UK isbright's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    They were filming on Tooting Bec Common yesterday, by the little tea room between Bedford Hill and Doctor Johnson Ave (near Hillbury Rd). Looked like a siege as well, from a distance! I wondered who could be holed up in such a little building, lol.

Regards, Ian.

Liked
    418 times
    name='Klark Crass']This was about 5 years back one weekend. Driving from sarf lundun to norf during the daytime, steered off the Woolwich Ferry and chucked a left into Silvertown's industrial area near the Tate & Lyle factory. My wife said: 'putcha seat belt on!' and then I too saw what she saw... a mass of police cars up ahead all over the road. It immediately looked a siege!

As I drove through I noticed that with all these cars, there are no coppers. Saw a bloke mouching about to do with this and asked him what they were filming. 'Err, the...bill...whadyareckon?' was his sarky reply as he pointed to the police cars, giving me that look like I'm well fick or sommink innit!

After that we saw the bill filming on the otherside of the old tracks opposite Tate & Lyle's, at a corner building where there was a stand-off with the villains, and wierdly enough, I've seen both scenes in the prog even tho I don't watch it. Don't understand that!

That's terrible! Why didn't you have your seatbelt on? Do you think that being thrown through the windscreen will improve your appearance?

Steve

Junior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    name='pitchfork']I may have mentioned this before so no intention to bore but in the early 1980's I used to go to a disused factory in Barlby Road North Kensington (Up from Ladbrooke Grove) to what was the Old Talbot Motor Co. It was being used as a Film studios and Im sure a security guard told me that The Bill was partly filmed there and in surrounding areas. When did they move to to South Wimbledon? It seems they have been there for years.

You are quite right, Barlby Road was used as the interior of Sun Hill from early 1986 until around 1990, when production moved to Deer Park Road in Merton.

There have actually been three bases for the series, Artichoke Hill in Wapping (1984-1986), Barlby Road, Ladbroke Grove (Interior) with nearby Freston Road being used for the frontage, before the move to Merton.

The original Wapping building was redeveloped into apartments around 2002, Freston Road is now offices, and the internal set at the Barlby Road Sunbeam Factory was partly redeveloped into a doctor's surgery.

Liked
    0 times
    Hi Steve,

lived in Australia now for 11 years but as they say you can take the boy out of london but not London out of the boy SOOOO we avidly watch The Bill/Only Fools/Gene Genie etc etc etc over here to sense the atmosphere of London/UK but still have the SUNSHINE. I have been trying to picture where I have seen those flats before or similar & it came to me (having worked most of my life in & around central London ) Go to Googgle Earth-Type in 100 Abbey Rd, St Johns Wood & click on the camera it should be what you are searching for.

Hope it helps

Oh for the rain / cold/ grey & murky

Regards

Stevieboy