Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Donations

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anthony McKay View Post
    Could we merge this with one of the 'Load of Fuss About Nothing' threads already started?
    Look at the start of this thread. We don’t usually split threads

Steve

Comment

When the Britmovie folk* set up shop they chose to put the forum in the vBulletin software platform, and a good choice it was.

The programmers of the vbulletin software are British (Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.), but in 2007 they sold to an American company, Internet Brands. This forum is hosted on servers owned by them and their fees are in dollars. For what we needed they were the best game in town, there really wasn't another option though. I'm British (wearing my Tim Brooke-Taylor Union Jack waistcoat as I type) but live in Florida, so it's easier for me to pay in dollars. The $39.95 is listed first because that is a constant monthly fee. The exchange rate makes the equivalent in pounds hop around. If anyone can find a UK server farm that will support the software economically, I'd be happy to move it. Cheer yourselves with the thought that a British guy is running firearms manufacturer, Smith & Wesson.

*DB7, Steve et al. (Steve, if you get bored sometime, I wouldn't mind seeing a post on the history of the original forum as I was late to the party)

Comment

Thanks for your response it was much appreciated. I now understand why the amount is in dollars. Sometimes when you ask things on here people respond in ways which can sometimes appear unfriendly. Your response was great thanks again.

Comment

Working...
        X