Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Spam, Spam, Spam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spam, Spam, Spam

It has been brought to my attention that spammers are sending private messages to our members.
    Please let me know if you get such a thing - I can't see them, so it's hard to check for

I just put a VERY industrious Brazilian spammer (over 100 accounts and over 4000 pm's) to the sword.

Originally posted by BritMovieHoncho View Post
    It has been brought to my attention that spammers are sending private messages to our members.
    Please let me know if you get such a thing - I can't see them, so it's hard to check for

I just put a VERY industrious Brazilian spammer (over 100 accounts and over 4000 pm's) to the sword.
    The general rule is:
    Never respond to spam. Doing so just confirms that you exist and that your email is valid.
    You should never download attachments without virus checking them. You shouldn’t reall automatically download any images or attachments, they can all contain viruses

Steve

Comment

Am turning on the :

Verify Email Address in Registration
      If you set this option to 'Yes' new members will not be allowed to post messages until they visit a link that is sent to them in an email when they sign up.

If a user's account is not activated by the user visiting the link, it will remain in the 'Users Awaiting Activation' usergroup.

One feature of the bulk of our spammers is garbage email addresses

sing out if anyone objects

Comment

Great stuff

Thanks

Steve

Comment

And there was me thinking this was going to be about the Monty Python song! Thanks BritmovieHoncho for doing this.

Comment

Great idea. Nice one BritMovieHoncho.

Comment

Spam fritters - now I'm hungry!

Comment

Working...
              X