Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Britmovie: The Beginning is Nigh

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyone has to re-register in the new system and everyone starts life here as a Junior Member

Steve

Comment

Notes for anyone (else) using this forum from an iPhone

You can see the latest topics by clicking on the 3 horizontal lines to the left in the heading
      Then click on New Topics

To Quote a previous message, click on the 3 dots to the bottom right of the previous comment that you want to quote
      Then click on Comment

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Crook View Post
        Everyone has to re-register in the new system and everyone starts life here as a Junior Member

Steve
        I wonder if a note to that effect perhaps should be added to the top of the front page? Just for the benefit of 'old' members who might have been away for a while and not be aware of recent events and are taken by surprise.

Comment

This is amazing.

It's a bit roomy in here at the moment and our voices echo around, but it's like moving into a new house, and we just have to empty all the boxes and get in our old furniture - the overstuffed armchairs and standard lamps, perhaps a little Eames or some Danish lines for the younger set - and it'll be home again.

Well done to Wearysloth and Steve and everybody who achieved the transfer. Thanks.

Comment

Working fine for me thanks guys - we use Opera as our browser and we just had to do a small edit in the speed dial page/icon so that we could remove the interim icon for the new forum.

Comment

Grateful thanks to Wearysloth
            For all the work he's done
            And thanks as well to our Steve Crook
            Who's joining in the fun
            Britmovie is alive and well
            And all is merry and bright
            And I'm sure that I'll sleep well tonight
            Knowing what Gerald watched last night !!

Great to be back, thanks to all for all the effort put in

cassidy

Comment

Well done Weaysloth, Steve and anyone else who helped keep the good ship Britmovie afloat ; long may she sail!

Comment

Originally posted by cassidy View Post
                Grateful thanks to Wearysloth
                For all the work he's done
                And thanks as well to our Steve Crook
                Who's joining in the fun
                Britmovie is alive and well
                And all is merry and bright
                And I'm sure that I'll sleep well tonight
                Knowing what Gerald watched last night !!

Great to be back, thanks to all for all the effort put in

cassidy
                You've done it again, cassidy - well done!

Comment

I second that, Cassidy. You are the New Britmovie's own Poet Laureat.

Comment

Steve
                    Steve. I echo the comments of other people: you definitely need to tell people that they will have to re-register (possibly as the same username as on the old site). Letting people stumble across this thread, and your message in it, is not enough, really :-) I assumed, in the absence of any message to the contrary, that when you moved to the new site, you'd migrated the user database.

Not a problem if you haven't been able to port the user accounts - as long as you make it abundantly clear on the introductory page britmovie.co.uk/forums that this is necessary. Otherwise people will do the same as me: faff around trying one email address and another, check the passwords that Firefox has saved and then think "I *am* using the correct username and password - better check if there are any threads about this".

Apart from that, congrats on giving Britmovie a second incarnation.

Comment

It wasn't possible to transfer the user records. The passwords were encrypted.

We did have a general notice of the front page for a few weeks. Maybe we should reinstate that notice

Steve

Comment

It wasn't possible to transfer the user records. The passwords were encrypted.

We did have a general notice of the front page for a few weeks. Maybe we should reinstate that notice

Steve
                        As a matter of interest, when did the new site go live - or rather, when did the old site die? I thought it was only about a week ago that I last visited and saw the old familiar site. Maybe it was longer and I lost track of time :-)

Yes, maybe the note needs to go back for a while longer, to catch people like me who don't visit all the frequently.

Anyway, here's to a bright new future!

Comment

Originally posted by Edward G View Post
                          Well done Wearysloth, Steve and anyone else who helped keep the good ship Britmovie afloat ; long may she sail!
                          Indeed, a vote of thanks is due to those crew members who were both willing and able to keep "the good ship Britmovie" afloat with their donations throughout the five years since DB7's sudden death. Timing is everything, and Wearysloth might not have been able to do the huge job of archiving any earlier, which means Britmovie would have been doomed to sink to the depths, never to be salvaged. So thanks and cheers to you all!

Last edited by Shirley Brahms; 10th March 2017, 02:20 AM. Reason: Adjusted font size

Comment

The Good Ship Britmovie, what a carry on.

Comment

Just re-registered on this new site.
                              Why the move from the old site?

Comment

Working...
                              X