Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Britmovie: The Beginning is Nigh

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Professor Marcus View Post
    Just re-registered on this new site.
    Why the move from the old site?
    Good to have you here.

The old site was much too expensive since they were taken over by FirstServ

Steve

Comment

Wahey! I see we've got the old banner back too. Featuring four brilliant classic Britmovies .... and something by Powell & Pressburger too! :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by agutterfan View Post
        Wahey! I see we've got the old banner back too. Featuring four brilliant classic Britmovies .... and something by Powell & Pressburger too! :lol:
        Wahey indeed!
        But that's not from just "Something" by P&P. It is of course from A Matter of Life and Death (aka AMOLAD), the best film in the world, ever (IMVHO)

Steve

Comment

Wahey thirded! Great to see the banner - well done!

Comment

Well done everyone! Hello. Great to see the old banner again!

Comment

Welcome back, steereo_mono (fondly remembered from the Mission to the Moon thread). I thought this was the best known banner?:

L-R from Peter O'Toole as Lawrence of Arabia, Stanley Baker (Zulu), Michael Caine (Get Carter), Sean Connery as James Bond, an Italian Job mini, The Ladykillers again, and Carry On Camping, featuring Barbara Windsor. What's on the left?

That was really to test the link to Photobucket - which thankfully works. Now I can return to proper posting.

"I think I'm about ready to join you!"
              Last edited by cornershop15; 27th March 2017, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by steereo_mono View Post
                Well done everyone! Hello. Great to see the old banner again!
                Always nice to see Ms Agutter!

Comment

Hi again and thanks Cornershop for the link to the Missing to the Moon thread - good to read it again - time flies!
                  As for the banner I should've gone to Specsavers.

I think that's Life of Brian on the left.

Comment

I'm pleased to see the one with Jenny Agutter again. I got tired of seeing Peter O'Toole all the time..... doubt if I'll get tired of David Niven!

Comment

Can't find the original so have frankensteined one together...

Comment

Originally posted by Wearysloth View Post
                        Can't find the original so have frankensteined one together...
                        Excellent, Dr. F! Echoing cornershop - what's on the left? I've never been able to make it out.

Comment

Steereo_mono was right. It is Life of Brian (well done):

Another notable absentee at the new Britmovie is Will.

Comment

Teething problems?

'Tag names' for bold (B /B), italics (I /I), and images (IMG /IMG]) have all appeared in posts I've subsequently deleted. This has occured at the Looking for Video/DVD and British Film Chat sections but not General Film Chat. Is anyone else having this problem, and does this mean that some areas of the Forum aren't as up to date as others?

My latest post, at Film Release Date, was intended to look like this:

Hi, Mikey. The Daily Express cinema listings indicate that Operation Kid Brother, an A-Certificate film, replaced Beach Red (X) at the London Pavilion on 25th April 1968.

According to the Daily Mirror, this was to be the film debut of Karin Malik, but she isn't included in IMDb's cast (she doesn't even have a filmography). I can send Don Short's article "Operation Kid Brother", from the same paper's 29th December 1966 edition, if you don't have it.
                            Last edited by cornershop15; 8th April 2017, 12:40 AM.

Comment

Thanks for keeping it going guys. kelp

Comment

kelp is attempting to upload a photograph. Stand by!

Comment

Working...
                                X