• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wearysloth
    started a topic Britmovie: The Beginning is Nigh

Britmovie: The Beginning is Nigh

Stand by for Action!

Tomorrow, Friday March 3rd around noon GMT, we are going to try to start the process to re-route britmovie.co.uk & britmovie.co.uk/forums

If all goes well the address britmovie.co.uk/forums should take you to the new forum which currently has the address:
    https://9e24881540dc-003112.vbulletin.net/
    If all doesn't go well then there will either be no change or britmovie.co.uk will evaporate
    and there may be a period of time up to 24 hours when britmovie.co.uk doesn't go anywhere or gives an error, website not found or similar

Don't Panic

You will still be able to reach the old forum with the following URL address:
    http://80.79.131.11/forums/

Fingers crossed then and thanks for your support!
    Last edited by Wearysloth; 2nd March 2017, 10:11 PM.

• Shirley Brahms
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Crook View Post

Many of them were saved at http://filmdope.com/forums/
    Many of them were just meaningless chatter
    It was very difficult to separate the wheat from the chaff

Steve
    I understood everything was archived except for posts after 2nd January.....?

Leave a comment:

• cornershop15
    replied
    Originally posted by cornershop15 View Post
    Tag names' for bold (B /B), italics (I /I), and images (IMG /IMG]) have all appeared in posts I've subsequently deleted. This has occured at the Looking for Video/DVD and British Film Chat sections but not General Film Chat. Is anyone else having this problem, and does this mean that some areas of the Forum aren't as up to date as others?
    I have found evidence that other members are finding it difficult to post at certain threads. Can someone please identify this RAF film from this description (The Way to the Stars) is a good example. It is clear that both Nick Dando and Rick C were unsuccessful in their attempts to provide links, the latter to a photograph of the Odeon Portsmouth. As I hope they will confirm, the links would have been highlighted (in blue) in the post preview but didn't show up when submitted.

At the aforementioned thread, Nick's post should look like this:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0038238/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TS7JAbNH9A

Having tested various threads, it seems all the technical hitches I described above only apply to threads at the Lobby part of the Forum, with the exception of British Film Chat. We can't post links, videos or images - just attachments. Reply with Quote is also not working properly. This is evident in the last two posts at the Ask a Film Question threads 'Battle of Britain' and 'Film Release Date' (I mistakenly thought Mikey's was at British Film Chat, which is functioning normally).

So, what can be done?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Crook
    replied
    Originally posted by zorro2566 View Post
    Just reregistered,sad that all of our old postings are gone but hey ho,on we go!
    Many of them were saved at http://filmdope.com/forums/
    Many of them were just meaningless chatter
    It was very difficult to separate the wheat from the chaff

Steve

Leave a comment:

• zorro2566
    replied
    Just reregistered,sad that all of our old postings are gone but hey ho,on we go!

Leave a comment:

• Gerald Lovell
    replied
    Staff Sergeant Arnold on duty . . .

Leave a comment:

• kelp
    replied
    kelp is attempting to upload a photograph. Stand by!
    My old Co-Producer and actor Jack Woolgar.

Leave a comment:

• kelp
    replied
    Thanks for keeping it going guys. kelp

Leave a comment:

• cornershop15
    replied
    Teething problems?

'Tag names' for bold (B /B), italics (I /I), and images (IMG /IMG]) have all appeared in posts I've subsequently deleted. This has occured at the Looking for Video/DVD and British Film Chat sections but not General Film Chat. Is anyone else having this problem, and does this mean that some areas of the Forum aren't as up to date as others?

My latest post, at Film Release Date, was intended to look like this:

Hi, Mikey. The Daily Express cinema listings indicate that Operation Kid Brother, an A-Certificate film, replaced Beach Red (X) at the London Pavilion on 25th April 1968.

According to the Daily Mirror, this was to be the film debut of Karin Malik, but she isn't included in IMDb's cast (she doesn't even have a filmography). I can send Don Short's article "Operation Kid Brother", from the same paper's 29th December 1966 edition, if you don't have it.
    Last edited by cornershop15; 8th April 2017, 01:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• cornershop15
    replied
    Steereo_mono was right. It is Life of Brian (well done):

Another notable absentee at the new Britmovie is Will.

Leave a comment:

• Shirley Brahms
    replied
    Originally posted by Wearysloth View Post
    Can't find the original so have frankensteined one together...
    Excellent, Dr. F! Echoing cornershop - what's on the left? I've never been able to make it out.

Leave a comment:

• Wearysloth
    replied
    Can't find the original so have frankensteined one together...

Leave a comment:

• Shirley Brahms
    replied
    I'm pleased to see the one with Jenny Agutter again. I got tired of seeing Peter O'Toole all the time..... doubt if I'll get tired of David Niven!

Leave a comment:

• steereo_mono
    replied
    Hi again and thanks Cornershop for the link to the Missing to the Moon thread - good to read it again - time flies!
    As for the banner I should've gone to Specsavers.

I think that's Life of Brian on the left.

Leave a comment:

• zabadak
    replied
    Originally posted by steereo_mono View Post
    Well done everyone! Hello. Great to see the old banner again!
    Always nice to see Ms Agutter!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X