Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Finding a Film on the Old Forum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding a Film on the Old Forum

Can anyone advise on how to track down a film on the old forum archive, without having to trawl through thousands of entries.
    Say if I wanted to read one of Gerald's reviews or a mention of a film on the Extras page, is there a simple way to do it. The advanced search doesn't seem to work on the archive.
    I find the archive a bit frustrating.

Did you try just a simple Google generic search quoting filmdope and the name of the film? (Hint/Tip : put the name of the film in quotation marks)

Comment

Alas the archive is just dead text for the time being. Ask me nicely and I'll find it for you though.

Comment

Originally posted by Tigon Man View Post
        Can anyone advise on how to track down a film on the old forum archive, without having to trawl through thousands of entries.
        Say if I wanted to read one of Gerald's reviews or a mention of a film on the Extras page, is there a simple way to do it. The advanced search doesn't seem to work on the archive.
        I find the archive a bit frustrating.
        The advanced search in the old forum never worked for me at all, not ever.

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys. Arthur I'll take your advice and go via Google.

Comment

Nice one Arthur. Going the Google route as you suggested works very well!

Comment

Working...
            X