Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Name retained......avatar to come.....if I can still locate it.....lol

Comment

I used to post on the old forum as Lord Brett, which seemed a little presumptuous (I'm not a real Lord) so I've returned using me actual name.

Damned if I can remember what my old Avi was, but the new one is silent movie and stage star Alla Nazimova
      Last edited by Ian Fryer; 3rd June 2019, 11:26 AM.

Comment

• agutterfan
        agutterfan commented
        Editing a comment
        Wasn't your old avatar Lord Brett Sinclair himself?

Quite possibly - I was off the forum for quite some time anyway so honestly can't remember. Can't even recall why I stopped posting on here, except that I ran out of useful things to contribute.

Comment

Welcome back, Lord Brett! I saved a lot of avatars at the old Britmovie, including yours on 9th April 2009:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Lord Brett (roger_moore).gif
Views:	160
Size:	10.5 KB
ID:	72123

I also remember you are/were a Leeds United fan. Allan Clarke's F.A. Cup- winning goal is my favourite too.

Comment

That's the one - blimey, I'd clean forgot! Poor old Leeds United, never failing to disappoint.

Comment

• agutterfan
            agutterfan commented
            Editing a comment
            Well, Leeds did score that intentional own goal that doomed them to the play offs. On the day Derby was too strong!

• Ian Fryer
            Ian Fryer commented
            Editing a comment
            The wheels had fallen off Leeds' season some weeks earlier, sadly.

Originally posted by Ian Fryer View Post
          I used to post on the old forum as Lord Brett, which seemed a little presumptuous (I'm not a real Lord) so I've returned using me actual name.

Damned if I can remember what my old Avi was, but the new one is silent movie and stage star Alla Nazimova
          Glad to see you back Ian.

Comment

Originally posted by agutterfan View Post
            Well, Leeds did score that intentional own goal that doomed them to the play offs. On the day Derby was too strong!
            When did that happen then? I do not recall that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Metro1962 View Post

When did that happen then? I do not recall that one.
            Within the last couple of weeks. Derby beat Leeds but then lost to Aston Villa.

Comment

Originally posted by cassidy View Post

Within the last couple of weeks. Derby beat Leeds but then lost to Aston Villa.
              I know that bit but I do not remember the "intentional own goal "

Comment

Originally posted by Metro1962 View Post

I know that bit but I do not remember the "intentional own goal "
                Did you not look at agguterfan's link in the comment on your own post #82?

Comment

I ran out of useful things to contribute.
                  Useful? Blimey. If that's a requisite to posting here ... I would never have started, let alone continue.

Comment

Is Batman still around on these forums under any name? He used to be an absolute mainstay of Britmovie. Hope he's OK.

Comment

Not that I'm aware of and he disappeared from Facebook, too.

Nick

Comment

• Ian Fryer
                        Ian Fryer commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Oh dear. Hopefully he's just pulled away from online activities and is still happy and healthy in the Batcave somewhere.

Is Batman still around on these forums under any name? He used to be an absolute mainstay of Britmovie. Hope he's OK.
                      He rejoined as Pykey but rarely posts.

Comment

Two whose input used to be very interesting were Alan French and Darrenburnfan.

Comment

Working...
                        X