No announcement yet.

Old members, new names?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To get back on topic. We know that Rowdon became Seaton, and 'Lord Brett' has revealed that he is really Ian Fryer, but what about mysterious new regular Garth? I wonder if that's 'icetorch' from the old forum? Same avatar (of an Alsatian, I think) and uncannily similar style of writing. Mischievous more than confrontational, I'd say.

I really can't imagine Britmovie legends like Rick C, Marky B and darrenburnfan using other identities and am concerned by their disappearance. It bothers me even more that no-one else has asked about them until now. billy farmer and Dame Starry returned briefly and several others often post on Kaleidoscope's Facebook page, e.g. crunchie, Simon Coward, Spiny Norman and Nick Connor (son of actor Patrick and better known here as dadwasinflame). Harbottle and his 'Fun and Games' pals are a distant memory, I'm afraid - along with half of the original Moderators.

Comment

• Originally posted by cornershop15 View Post
      • Fair enough, Metro. I honestly wasn't expecting the arguments that followed.
        • Derby are a little weaker now Frank Lampard (Jnr.) is about to return to Chelsea.
      I.My intentions were not meant to be argumentative more to the query/correction side of things.

2.Not sure I can comment on Derby really* but what I can say is Leeds will meet up again with Frank (in Championship this season or the PL the following season ​​​​​​​ )

*I support Leeds

Comment

To get back on topic. We know that Rowdon became Seaton, and 'Lord Brett' has revealed that he is really Ian Fryer, but what about mysterious new regular Garth? I wonder if that's 'icetorch' from the old forum? Same avatar (of an Alsatian, I think) and uncannily similar style of writing. Mischievous more than confrontational, I'd say.

I really can't imagine Britmovie legends like Rick C, Marky B and darrenburnfan using other identities and am concerned by their disappearance. It bothers me even more that no-one else has asked about them until now. billy farmer and Dame Starry returned briefly and several others often post on Kaleidoscope's Facebook page, e.g. crunchie, Simon Coward, Spiny Norman and Nick Connor (son of actor Patrick and better known here as dadwasinflame). Harbottle and his 'Fun and Games' pals are a distant memory, I'm afraid - along with half of the original Moderators.
        I'm afraid I must disagree with you as I have enquired about darrenburnfan before, his posts were always interesting as were those from another old member Alan French.

Comment

• I remember that Darren burn fan mentioned that he could not walk very far and I fear that illness may have overcome him.A great shame

Comment

• cornershop15
            cornershop15 commented
            Editing a comment
            I stand corrected, cassidy (previous post). Sorry to read DBF has been in poor health. I've just sent an e-mail to someone who might help provide an update, assuming he still lives nearby in Stoke-on-Trent.

Hopefully he's okay and, if not up to posting, at least able to enjoy watching and reading about his beloved films.

It bothers me even more that no-one else has asked about them until now.
          Somewhere there is a thread where we have indeed mentioned many members who did not rejoin, but I can't find it.

Comment

• agutterfan
            agutterfan commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes I remember that thread because I posted about Ladykat's absence (the Barry Warren page is looking neglected) as I knew she was ill. I've sent her two PMs (one recent) with no response. Also enquired about Sgt Sunshine and others.

• Originally posted by Shirley Brahms View Post
          Somewhere there is a thread where we have indeed mentioned many members who did not rejoin, but I can't find it.
          Is this it by any chance? https://www.britmovie.co.uk/forum/ba...tmovie-members

Comment

• Shirley Brahms
            Shirley Brahms commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, that's the one, Big Figure, thank you!

• Those who rejoined using their old names can be found in the Members List (linked at the top) and you can see their "join date" and their "last visit" date.

Some of our "lost" members have rejoined, but have posted only occasionally, if it all.

MarkyB came and went and I for one have missed him over the last 2 1/2 years.

Comment

• Last edited by ....................................Today, 03:03 AM. Reason: Second thoughts

Comment

Working...
            X