Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blocking a user

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Blocking a user

    I'm trying to block a user so I don't see any more posts from that user.

    Click on my user name (top RH corner) > (pull down men) select User Settings >> select Account tab >> scroll to bottom to Ignore List >> add users ID/name but then ....

    When I Save Changes, I get an error message telling me the email addresses must match.

    What email addresses??

  • #2
    Originally posted by arthur linden-jones View Post
    I'm trying to block a user so I don't see any more posts from that user.

    Click on my user name (top RH corner) > (pull down men) select User Settings >> select Account tab >> scroll to bottom to Ignore List >> add users ID/name but then ....

    When I Save Changes, I get an error message telling me the email addresses must match.

    What email addresses??

    Same problem here. I want to block a member who posts persistent twaddle but have run into the same problem. The message doesn't make any sense. Any help appreciated.

    Comment


    • #3
      It worked for me. Are you sure you typed the name correctly?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Shirley Brahms View Post
        It worked for me. Are you sure you typed the name correctly?
        Absolutely Shirley, tried it a couple of times just to make sure. The name appears automatically from a list once you get past a few letters. I got the same nonsensical error message that arthur got though. "email addresses must match".

        email addresses have nothing to do with the process.

        Comment


        • #5
          Me too. Also tried it by selecting the name from the list that appears when you start typing the blockee's username. Same thing.

          email addresses have nothing to do with the process.

          P.S. I already have 2 names in my list, working fine, and I don't remember this rubbish coming up before.

          Comment


          • #6
            OMG!! I just got it !! Sheer fluke !!

            When in the Account tab to add a blocked user, scroll back up to where it says Email address.

            On my page there are 3 areas - 1st one shows your current email address, then 2 areas for input. The first one shows my user name (?? which is not an email address), the second one shows Re-enter new email address.

            All I did was (after I'd entered the blockee's username) scroll back up to email section, overtyped my username with my current email (i.e. no change), and re-typed that same email into the "new" email section (again, no change)..

            Back down to Save changes, accepted, and I'm no longer bothered by you-know-who.

            EDIT : Bugger. You still get to see the pest's posts when they're included as quotes in responses. C'est la vie.
            Last edited by arthur linden-jones; 13th July 2019, 08:22 AM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Thanks arthur, obviously a glitch in the system, but I'll give it a go.

              Comment


              • #8
                Why the need to block anybody when you can just ignore their posts?

                Comment


                • #9
                  I know you're all referring to me.......

                  Don't bother, I'll bugger off of my own accord.......

                  I hope you all find your paradise some day........

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Mark O View Post
                    I know you're all referring to me.......

                    Don't bother, I'll bugger off of my own accord.......

                    I hope you all find your paradise some day........

                    That's your paranoia surfacing again Mark. I can't speak for arthur, but I can assure you it wasn't you I wanted to block, it was someone who posts almost exclusively in the 'off-topic' section.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by wadsy View Post
                      Why the need to block anybody when you can just ignore their posts?

                      Fair point, but there's always the temptation to look and I need to watch my blood pressure.
                      Last edited by narabdela; 13th July 2019, 10:38 AM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Mark

                        I for one would prefer you to stay. You are one of very few genuine location spotters who still frequent the forum.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Mikey View Post
                          Mark

                          I for one would prefer you to stay. You are one of very few genuine location spotters who still frequent the forum.
                          Thank you Mikey, your thoughts are much appreciated..........

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Mark O View Post
                            I know you're all referring to me.......

                            Don't bother, I'll bugger off of my own accord.......

                            I hope you all find your paradise some day........
                            Don't go Mark. Diversity of opinion is one of the things that makes this forum so good!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by wadsy View Post

                              Don't go Mark. Diversity of opinion is one of the things that makes this forum so good!
                              Thank you wadsy..........

                              I think I need a little break for a while, having a few days in my beloved Blackpool shortly, it will refresh me !........

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X