Fake/Spam Accounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fake/Spam Accounts

One here for the mods - you're probably already aware but Britmovie seems to be getting targeted by fake accounts who are sending spam to each other (goodness knows why!). I started making a note of them but there are too many to keep track of. Examples include bulgarian89
    formation98 payday89 immigration96

We've had this problem before. There's not much admin can do other than nuke them as soon as they're reported.

Comment

None of this appears in the New Topics, which is all I look at, so I need to know where this is showing up.

All of the users you've mentioned have been banned.

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Fryer View Post
        One here for the mods - you're probably already aware but Britmovie seems to be getting targeted by fake accounts who are sending spam to each other (goodness knows why!). I started making a note of them but there are too many to keep track of.
        They are nuked as soon as they are discovered. If you spot any then you can report them

Steve

Comment

I'm seeing a new Notification pointing to a Flag Report. There's nothing there, only a number to indicate that there should be something to react to. Any ideas what is happening as this is not the first time I've seen this?

I've also seen Flag Reports from Ian Fryer telling me of suspect activities , but providing no details as to what is going on and exactly where it's happening.

Comment

• Ian Fryer
            Ian Fryer commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi Nick. That's odd, as I'm typing an explanation when I flag accounts - obvious spam ones are the ones I'm flagging. Can't think what's going wrong.

Originally posted by Nick Dando View Post
          I'm seeing a new Notification pointing to a Flag Report. There's nothing there, only a number to indicate that there should be something to react to. Any ideas what is happening as this is not the first time I've seen this?
          Nothing to do with a Flag Report, but I have in the past had a number indicating that there is a Notification as soon as I logged in. When I click to open it, there's no message at all. It rarely happens, but it has occurred on the odd occasion.

Comment

Originally posted by Carl V View Post

Nothing to do with a Flag Report, but I have in the past had a number indicating that there is a Notification as soon as I logged in. When I click to open it, there's no message at all. It rarely happens, but it has occurred on the odd occasion.
            Happens to me also fairly regularly.

Comment

Originally posted by Carl V View Post

That usually happens when you have also briefly looked at new topics beforehand, one of which happens to be a post of yours that is referenced by your notifications. Your notifications automatically disappear if you have looked at the relevant posts/topics.

Comment

Originally posted by garth View Post

That usually happens when you have also briefly looked at new topics beforehand, one of which happens to be a post of yours that is referenced by your notifications. Your notifications automatically disappear if you have looked at the relevant posts/topics.
                Thank you. Yes, as a general rule I open up any notifications I may have as soon as I've logged in, but it could be that I opened up a thread before realising I had a notification which referred to it, that's true. But there have been one or two instances where I've opened up the notifications immediately, but then finding there's nothing to read, so I just put it down to a glitch somewhere - maybe the same sort of intermittent glitch that keeps sending out so many "likes" to members here.

Comment

Working...
                X