Notifications for replies to posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notifications for replies to posts

I joined this forum in 2019 I think it was but haven't posted for quite awhile, as I forgot about it. I have selected to receive notifications when I post but didn't get any, and someone had given a reply to one of my recent posts. Why didn't I receive a notification? I came back to look to see, but had to find my post, though I know there is a Search for that I think. Would be more handy if I was notified.

Originally posted by Jackie R View Post
    Why didn't I receive a notification?
    Hello Jackie, I've never had a notification. It's a failing of the bought in software rather than in the way we run it.

I just click on the 'New Topics' link whenever I come to the site. That lets you see all of the recent posts.

Steve

Comment

Thanks Steve. Only just got back to this, as of course, wasn't notified. Had to find where I'd posted it, knew it was in either the new ones or established but I think I must have started a new topic in one of those. Ended up clicking on My Recent Posts to find it. Can't they afford to get some more software that does do notifiacations? I'll keep in mind to click on New Topics.

Comment

Can't they afford to get some more software that does do notifiacations?
        That depends. How much are you willing to chip in? That's how this place works.

Comment

I joined this forum in 2019 I think it was but haven't posted for quite awhile, as I forgot about it. I have selected to receive notifications when I post but didn't get any, and someone had given a reply to one of my recent posts. Why didn't I receive a notification? I came back to look to see, but had to find my post, though I know there is a Search for that I think. Would be more handy if I was notified.
          You can find your own posts easily. After you've signed in, click on your name at the top right hand corner and go to "My Profile". You'll find them there.

Comment

Working...
          X