Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the www.Britmovie.co.uk forum

If this is your first time on the new forum since March 7th, 2017, please re-register with us once more.
Paypal contributions for the care and feeding of the forum may be made here:
PayPal Donations

The old bulletin board archive can be found here:
http://filmdope.com/forums/
See more
See less

Setting for opening latest post in thread ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting for opening latest post in thread ?

Hi - How do I set the forum to open on the latest page when I click on a thread ?
    At the moment if I click on a thread - it goes to the first page of the thread !
    I had a look in settings the other day but could not figure it out LOL

thanks baz

Not a URL but an action. When you see the thread title in Latest Posts, click on the blue double chevron (>>) icon

That will take you to the last post in the thread.

Steve

Comment

Steve, do you mean the Latest Posts box on the front page? Because I don't get any blue chevrons when I click on there, only when I go into a category, and they are alongside the time of "Last" Post.

Comment

Look a little more closely in the Last Post column and just below the name of the last poster you'll see the date and time of the post and then to the right some white chevrons on a blue background. They're small but effective.

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Shirley Brahms View Post
          Steve, do you mean the Latest Posts box on the front page? Because I don't get any blue chevrons when I click on there, only when I go into a category, and they are alongside the time of "Last" Post.
          I actually meant when you click on the New Topics link on the main page, then, as Nick says, look in the Last Post column

Steve

Comment

What I meant was that on most forums one can set the default to open every thread at the latest page/posting,at the moment the forum default appears to be to open the thread on the first page - this is ok when the forum is new but as the threads progress and many pages are added,then it will not be very user friendly.

rgds baz

Comment

Originally posted by BVS View Post
              What I meant was that on most forums one can set the default to open every thread at the latest page/posting,at the moment the forum default appears to be to open the thread on the first page - this is ok when the forum is new but as the threads progress and many pages are added,then it will not be very user friendly.

rgds baz
              Ah, but this isn't "most forums", it's the BritMovie Forum

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Crook View Post

I actually meant when you click on the New Topics link on the main page, then, as Nick says, look in the Last Post column

Steve
                I didn't realise New Topics on the main page actually means New Posts, or Latest Posts. The topics aren't necessarily new, so that's a tad confusing. I've been opening the Latest Posts box to the right of the main page all the time, but it's a bit mixed up in there - and you do need to click on View All otherwise you could miss posts. So in future I will click on New Topics - but is it possible to change that to read Latest Posts?

Comment

Originally posted by BVS View Post

rgds baz
                  Tried it just now on a few, and they opened on the last post.
                  Seems the little elves have been working their magic.

Comment

Question to Admin. Is it possible to change the default font and size?
                    I don't know what it was in the old forum, but it was much clearer and easier to read.

I'm surprised so many of the old regulars who were happy the forum was being continued haven't even started posting yet. I'm wondering if they are being deterred by the small print! It's really tiny when you are typing a post, and I tend to change it to size 14 or 16 then change it back to 12 before submitting.

I'm typing this in Verdana 12, but also have changed the grey type to black, which makes quite difference.

Comment

Am I considered an old regular just 'cos I'm 72 ?

Comment

Originally posted by Shirley Brahms View Post
                        Question to Admin. Is it possible to change the default font and size?
                        I don't know what it was in the old forum, but it was much clearer and easier to read.

I'm surprised so many of the old regulars who were happy the forum was being continued haven't even started posting yet. I'm wondering if they are being deterred by the small print! It's really tiny when you are typing a post, and I tend to change it to size 14 or 16 then change it back to 12 before submitting.

I'm typing this in Verdana 12, but also have changed the grey type to black, which makes quite difference.

Well you can change the font size in your post, but a better strategy would be to zoom the browser
                        on Chrome & Internet Explorer:
                        CTRL and the plus key (so CTRL-SHIFT-+)

Comment

Originally posted by Wearysloth View Post

Well you can change the font size in your post, but a better strategy would be to zoom the browser
                          on Chrome & Internet Explorer:
                          CTRL and the plus key (so CTRL-SHIFT-+)
                          Also on Firefox or most other browsers

On a smart phone you can do the two fingered swipe to zoom in on the screen. Or just turning the phone to show it in landscape mode. That usually makes the text appear a bit larger

Steve

Comment

Thanks Wearysloth and Steve, sorry, but I meant changes to the default settings in the system in order to improve "user-friendliness".

A larger size would be great, but even just changing the grey print to black would be an improvement. Is that not possible?

Comment

Originally posted by cassidy View Post
                              Am I considered an old regular just 'cos I'm 72 ?
                              Oh definitely, cassidy!

Comment

Working...
                              X